Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,974 Posts
Bing isn’t the only team in this game with bad ball handling and passing

· Registered
551 Posts
Beagle should be ejected. That was ridiculous. Way more than just a hard foul, there is no business wrapping your hands/arms around Balogun's head/neck and dragging him down from behind.

EDIT: Ejected. Justice served.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Really kind of needed to win that game after the last couple. Solid effort overall helped along by a bad shooting night for Maine.

IAF has really made strides since November. A couple of nasty blocks, a three and an alley-oop. It’s nice to see a guy gain confidence and improve like that. When I first saw him this year, I didn’t think he’d see much time at all. Still a long way to go, but he’s having some real impact.

Watching Hurley shoot is like watching an instructional video. Especially free throws. The net barely moves. He’s going to continue becoming more and more important in terms of the rotation.

In addition to Duncan, Finn also had a nice well-rounded game. Some great defense from him.

Deloney struggled shooting, but his perimeter close outs defensively were about as good as I’ve seen from him. It probably helped that Maine’s guards aren’t as big as some others he has to check.

Maine definitely has some talent, but the lack of inside presence on both ends was even more apparent watching up close. Overall, I thought they looked a little sluggish as well. Hoping they can find a couple wins here soon before the record gets too lopsided.

Funny thing when Duncan banked in the free throw. Ernie was in the stands. He started laughing and put his head in his hands after it went in. It was almost like he was saying, “I can’t believe we grew up in the same house.”

· Registered
5,157 Posts
A little slow to start offensively, but otherwise a TCOB night for the Cats. Welcome back, Finn and TJ!

In another thread, we talked about breaking the AE schedule into quarters. We got through the 1st Quarter, arguably the toughest, at 2-2. The 2nd Quarter is where we really need to cash in. The Binghamton game looks more difficult than anticipated, but otherwise 3 home games with Maine, NJIT, and UMBC are games that need to be W's. We've got one in the books. Let's keep it going on Sunday.

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Fun game. Maine played hard, but as was pointed out, their lack of a dominant inside presence was a fortunate thing for UVM. We've played some teams where we didn't match up well; here, I'd say we did, to our benefit.

We do seem to be missing an awful lot of bunnies.

It was an.... interesting.... drive back in the heavily falling snow. Now that I'm safely home, I'm glad I was at the game.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts