Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Hurley and Finn back on the court makes such a huge difference for UVM. They both led the team in scoring with 13.
Hurley has had a really nice freshman season so far. Beagle is clearly ROY, but have to think Hurley has been the next best true freshman in the conference and a lock for all-Rookie Team. Though TBH that's probably a much lower bar these days since so few true freshmen in the conference thanks to COVID & Portal.

What other freshmen are out there?

· Premium Member
34,712 Posts
Smith Jr's minutes are going in the opposite direction. At this point in the season, that's obviously not great. Just something to keep an eye on.

Reactions: ProfessorDavid

· U of AZ 72
188 Posts
Observations from the game.
I can't believe the progress Faleye has made. I never expected him to shoot as well and nice to finally see some of that athleticism! Smith is still not what I was expecting but hopefully just slow progress. Hurley is unbelievably talented. Nice to see Finn and Hurley back and Fiorillo seemed to be walking more comfortably than a couple games ago. Penn not scoring much but his passing and defense have been a pleasant surprise. Nice to see Gibson have some success . Hoping that he and Finn start hitting shots like they are capable of. and this game gives them a confidence boost. Nice to see Ochoa showing some sprit on the bench as some players would get disgruntled.

· Registered
5,157 Posts
Hurley has had a really nice freshman season so far. Beagle is clearly ROY, but have to think Hurley has been the next best true freshman in the conference and a lock for all-Rookie Team. Though TBH that's probably a much lower bar these days since so few true freshmen in the conference thanks to COVID & Portal.

What other freshmen are out there?
Dion Brown from UMBC is having a nice year.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts