Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread for Wednesdays games and it vanished, not sure how that happened.

This Saturday SBU gets to sit out and stew on the brutal loss at home to Bing.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hartford kind of needs this game, no? Well, it's bigger for them than it is Albany, relatively speaking since it would separate Hartford and the rest of the current top 4 from the field slightly. Big games for UNH-Bing and Maine-UMBC too...jockeying for position. Still early days but I like that there's still plenty to be played for especially when sometimes 6 games in there are 1-2 winless teams in previous years.

·
Registered
436 Posts
So much more parody in AE this year. Most of me wants my team to win by 100 every time, but part of it likes the tension and excitement

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hartford vs Albany should be pretty interesting.

Anyone want to predict another 20+ point win for UVM???
I don't know about that with Lowell...they can really push pace and can put up points in a hurry plus will be a bit motivated me thinks after the drubbing Albany gave them.

UVM is WAY better...but they may come in pissed. They don't defend at all it seems.

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Albany has an opportunity to make some real hay here...they've been better as of late so let's see if they can manage to keep the play level up. Another team that can lose to anyone and are dinged up again. Lots of injuries up and down roster, some nagging and some more serious.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I don't know about that with Lowell...they can really push pace and can put up points in a hurry plus will be a bit motivated me thinks after the drubbing Albany gave them.

UVM is WAY better...but they may come in pissed. They don't defend at all it seems.
Bosi, my rhetorical question was directed at some UVM fans that were confident that UVM would destroy Maine. People were talking about a 20- 30 point victory. I just think that it's silly to make these kinds of predictions...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hartford vs Albany should be pretty interesting.

Anyone want to predict another 20+ point win for UVM???
No because just like any time UVM plays Albany in a playoff game, I remember the 2015-16 season where 348 total points where scored in 2 games, and Lowell won both of them. So what I'm saying is hit the over and hope for the best until the final whistle is blown.

It also would be a karmic jinx considering the Free Press just put out a long article on UVM's approach to defense for the Cats to let up 80+ on Saturday.

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bosi, my rhetorical question was directed at some UVM fans that were confident that UVM would destroy Maine. People were talking about a 20- 30 point victory. I just think that it's silly to make these kinds of predictions...
I understand, I was just offering my view of the matchup especially after having just watched UML up close.

Uml isn't 20 + points worse than Albany. We just caught them on a bad night and Healy losing his ever loving mind.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,514 Posts
I just hope they remember what time the game starts at.

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Regarding UVM...last I checked they were still 4-1 and in drivers seat for the AE crown. Only people down right now are those who all summer strutted about how this team is better than last years team or talked about the 4 star recruits and how much better your recruiting is than rest of the AE. Still a very good team, still very talented, still poised to most likely win the league. Once folks recalibrate their ridiculous expectations from last summer...you'll really enjoy the last year of Lamb.

Still a team with a KenPom of 82 and predicted to finish 2 games ahead of the 2nd place team SBU. I understand this season hasn't lived up to expectations but I think it does a great job to bring you guys down to earth after a solid run. Next year is when you'll really crash down to the rest of the AE level.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,514 Posts
Regarding UVM...last I checked they were still 4-1 and in drivers seat for the AE crown. Only people down right now are those who all summer strutted about how this team is better than last years team or talked about the 4 star recruits and how much better your recruiting is than rest of the AE. Still a very good team, still very talented, still poised to most likely win the league. Once folks recalibrate their ridiculous expectations from last summer...you'll really enjoy the last year of Lamb.

Still a team with a KenPom of 82 and predicted to finish 2 games ahead of the 2nd place team SBU. I understand this season hasn't lived up to expectations but I think it does a great job to bring you guys down to earth after a solid run. Next year is when you'll really crash down to the rest of the AE level.
My expectations have already been dialed back. That has nothing to do with my disappointment in the effort levels varying so greatly from game to game. The team is very experienced. It should already understand what is necessary to get to the NCAA tournament. These wild swings in level of play I expect from a young team dominated by freshmen, not a team dominated by upperclassmen.

·
Premium Member
32,929 Posts

Couple wins over the bottom part of the conference teams and you're really feeellllin' yourself, huh? Funny to see.

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couple wins over the bottom part of the conference teams and you're really feeellllin' yourself, huh? Funny to see.
I made no mention of UA...I'm not feeling anything in fact just in this thread, said UA is a team that can and will at some point lose to anyone.

My commentary that you quoted is about my UVM observations. You WERE the one who lost his mind last summer. What exactly is it that you disagree with? Were you not the one running around here all summer claiming how you are going to take the next step and this is the best UVM team you've ever had?

Nice try deflecting...I understand you're worked up and a bit hot considering your never wrong analysis just may have been a bit off...no?

·
Premium Member
32,929 Posts
I made no mention of UA...I'm not feeling anything in fact just in this thread, said UA is a team that can and will at some point lose to anyone.

My commentary that you quoted is about my UVM observations. You WERE the one who lost his mind last summer. What exactly is it that you disagree with? Were you not the one running around here all summer claiming how you are going to take the next step and this is the best UVM team you've ever had?

Nice try deflecting...I understand you're worked up and a bit hot considering your never wrong analysis just may have been a bit off...no?
All I know is UVM has and is continuing to win a trillion America East games. When that stops happening then I'll be concerned, until then I'll take an ugly two pt road win or a 24pt win, doesn't bother me will take both.

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I know is UVM has and is continuing to win a trillion America East games. When that stops happening then I'll be concerned, until then I'll take an ugly two pt road win or a 24pt win, doesn't bother me will take both.
That's a good approach to have...nice try running in on me. Better luck next time...

·
Premium Member
32,929 Posts

No, that's incorrect- I never said we'd be better I said we'd be as good as 2018-19 team when everyone was predicting we'd fall off a cliff, and as weird as some things have been this season, that's been mostly the case so far. KenPom 82, lost an extra OOC but beat St. John's..... Still plenty of time to be worse, the same....or better, though.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts