Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,720 Posts
Albany win... Everything about this game was an embarrassment starting with scheduling it and then halfassing through half of it.

Gonna be a long year.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Realist/A-hole
5,251 Posts
UNH wins 77-63; two D1 wins on the season! Almost as many as last year's total!
I can see you guys challenging for the 4 spot. I'm not kidding. The mid pack teams are ripe. You've looked better than Albany, UML, or Hartford in the games I've seen so far this season. The underbelly of the conference is soft this year.

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,151 Posts
Congrats UNH, but don't take that win to mean anything meaningful.

CCSU is on par to have its worst season ever - I don't see us winning 4 games this entire season.
I thought CCSU looked reasonably athletic but consistency will probably be a problem. Baker has a nice stroke.

Good luck to CCSU in the FCS playoffs this year! Great year!

·
Premium Member
32,587 Posts
Frank Martin is going to need to start avoiding these AE and old AE teams. First SBU, now BU. BU won by 8 as well. Wow.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Comprehensive ass kicking for Maine last night.

Fleming and Prijovic played well. El Darwich did not. Larsson with a no show (0 points). The remainder of the roster didn't do much of anything, per usual, although a number of new faces got off the bench in extended garbage time. Shout out to Agah Kizilkaya with the 4 trillion, which is tough to do.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Comprehensive ass kicking for Maine last night.

Fleming and Prijovic played well. El Darwich did not. Larsson with a no show (0 points). The remainder of the roster didn't do much of anything, per usual, although a number of new faces got off the bench in extended garbage time. Shout out to Agah Kizilkaya with the 4 trillion, which is tough to do.
I'm glad that you thought that Fleming played well.....I thought that he was totally invisible in the 1st half and looked super slow and out of sorts in the land of the giants. He is a terrific player against lesser teams though. El Darwich was not used to having a 6-9 player guarding him and it showed. I was super impressed with Prijovic.....they need to keep feeding him the ball. He has a really pretty shot......if he starts hitting them consistently it should help open things up for Fleming & El Darwich to take it to the rack. Larsson has been a big time bust this season. He has looked pretty horrible. Jury is still out on the new guys but as you said.....they got some good PT against some really good talent.

·
Premium Member
32,587 Posts
Hopkins has two kids from Rochester and another from Albany on that Washington team. Happy Lamb isn’t a Husky.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I'm glad that you thought that Fleming played well.....I thought that he was totally invisible in the 1st half and looked super slow and out of sorts in the land of the giants. He is a terrific player against lesser teams though. El Darwich was not used to having a 6-9 player guarding him and it showed. I was super impressed with Prijovic.....they need to keep feeding him the ball. He has a really pretty shot......if he starts hitting them consistently it should help open things up for Fleming & El Darwich to take it to the rack. Larsson has been a big time bust this season. He has looked pretty horrible. Jury is still out on the new guys but as you said.....they got some good PT against some really good talent.
I thought he was as expected. Fleming isn't Anthony Lamb, he isn't going to put up 30+ on a high major and drag his team to victory (to be fair, Lamb has a lot more help). Fleming would look great putting up 18 and 10 every night right next to Lamb, though.

My question remains whether Barron is just one of those coaches with little patience for freshmen/new players, or if none of those guys can play. This new group is an incredibly important class, both numbers wise and "replacing Fleming and El Darwich" wise. If they are a bust, this is going to be a disaster.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts