Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11:00 Evansville v. Vermont (Estero, FL)
4:00 Quinnipiac @ New Hampshire
7:00 Hartford @ Merrimack
7:00 American @ UMBC
7:30 Central Connecticut @ Maine

Kenpom has Maine at #342 and CCSU at #349. Both teams are seeking their first D-I wins. The only other team in New England with a sub-300 Kenpom rating is Holy Cross (340). Holy Cross plays CCSU next week but does not have Maine on its schedule. This game could determine the worst D-I team in New England at year's end.

I'm using the label: GAME OF THE YEAR IN AMERICA EAST!

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Might be another day/night where the AE goes 5-0. Hartford has to win at some point.

Reactions: lsbal

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
CCSU plays better defense than Maine in that they switch coverage rather than staying on coverage. A lot of CCSU's open shots seem to be from the Maine defender trying to catch up after a screen. This is a coaching problem.

On offense Maine just can't seem to pass the ball inside without losing it. A lot of the passes arrive low and CCSU snatches them away.

Maine looks bigger than CCSU but it doesn't seem to be an advantage so far.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
CCSU plays better defense than Maine in that they switch coverage rather than staying on coverage. A lot of CCSU's open shots seem to be from the Maine defender trying to catch up after a screen. This is a coaching problem.

On offense Maine just can't seem to pass the ball inside without losing it. A lot of the passes arrive low and CCSU snatches them away.

Maine looks bigger than CCSU but it doesn't seem to be an advantage so far.
CCSU is definitely very undersized.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts