1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merrimack (0-0)
Maine (0-0)

7:00 ESPN+

Curious about who is going to play for Maine. Fleming, El Darwich, Larsson will get lots of minutes. And they range from great to fine. Are there 2-4 other D-I caliber players on this roster right now? Are freshmen walkons going to soak up as many minutes as they did in the preseason? Is Barron's plan to redshirt a bunch of freshmen like he did last year?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should we include the women's games when we do this? Particularly on light nights?

Hofstra (0-0)
Hartford (0-0)

7:00 ESPN3

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
At first I thought I was on the wrong site. The old one was easier to see if I had read a post or not. Maybe I'll adjust.

On Topic, Maine is much more will drilled than in the past, and they have some good new players. Merrimack was in the same conference as St. Mikes and they haven't gotten any taller.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Overall, I think Maine has turned a corner and will certainly not be the AE cellar this season. Better than UNH and Bing, for sure, and maybe Hartford. To be in the middle of the league would be worthy of praise after so many down years. They deserve some attendance at their home games.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Merrimack (0-0)
Maine (0-0)

Curious about who is going to play for Maine. Fleming, El Darwich, Larsson will get lots of minutes. And they range from great to fine. Are there 2-4 other D-I caliber players on this roster right now? Are freshmen walkons going to soak up as many minutes as they did in the preseason? Is Barron's plan to redshirt a bunch of freshmen like he did last year?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,161 Posts
Merrimack (0-0)
Maine (0-0)

Barron must not be too thrilled with most of his bench options, since he played 4 starters 40 minutes in a game that they were up double digits in for most of the way. The three you mentioned above plus Prijovic never left the floor and walk-on Okoh was the only bench player who got more than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the plus side, this new website works on my home laptop and the other one didn't.

Anyways, good win for Maine. Fleming, El Darwich, and Larsson did what Maine needs them to do. The problem may be that what Maine needs them (and Prijovic) to do is not leave the floor. That doesn't seem sustainable through a 30+ game season. I'm going to hold my horses on saying Maine is better than anyone in the league until Maine can establish some sort of rotation.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, to continue my "let's include the women!" theme, Hofstra beat Hartford 43-41 last night.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
For the record: I HATE THE NEW WEBSITE LOOK!!!! It is just awful. I don't think it is something I can even get used to. Visually it is almost impossible for me to navigate.
I'm kinda getting the hang of it, but it's very jarring considering all of the muscle memory I'd built up over the years with the old template.

I rarely say this about this kind of feature, but...the site actually looks better in "dark" mode. I feel like things pop a little better and are easier to read/see/find.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I rarely say this about this kind of feature, but...the site actually looks better in "dark" mode. I feel like things pop a little better and are easier to read/see/find.
THANK YOU! I always use Dark Mode and I didn't realize this was a feature for the new forum. Definitely better, but not by much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts