Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Comrade Fox
1,823 Posts
no women's games tonight either so Hartford/Winthrop will have my full attention...well, other than Kemba's return to Charlottte

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Hartford has made quite a comeback and is down 6 at the half. Winthrop is fast and physical and Hartford is working hard to adjust. Good game.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
Second half is brutal basketball... Poor shooting, turnovers... Gallagher is talking to his son I belive on the sideline (never seen that before).

Hartford hanging around.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
Hartford hitting some shots now... They seem pretty quick. My impression is better then I expected.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Looks like Hartford ran out of gas. Gave up an 11-2 run to end the game and lost 67-57.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hartford was outrebounded badly in this one 50-37 resulting in Winthrop taking far more shots than Hartford. Freshman Miroslav Stafl looked good with 15 pts.

·
The People's Champ
597 Posts
they showed some flashes. hung in there against a good Winthrop team (picked 3rd pre season for big south). ultimately inexperience of freshman and poor player/coaching decisions in the last 2-3 min. that did Hartford in. Still with their best player in a boot.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
they showed some flashes. hung in there against a good Winthrop team (picked 3rd pre season for big south). ultimately inexperience of freshman and poor player/coaching decisions in the last 2-3 min. that did Hartford in. Still with their best player in a boot.
I am actually pretty pleased so far. They hung in there against a pretty tough team. Actually pretty amazing since:

We blew a few one and ones
Our 3 point shooting was not good
Slavay was in foul trouble again
We turned the ball over in key situations
Carter went 0-8 from the floor for 0 points
Ellison still out with boot on
Got crushed on the boards
No go to guy as of yet....it seems to be Slavay but he doesn’t seem ready for it yet

Positives
The 3 fresh all look like they are going to be good
Slavay has some real nice moves down low
Our defense has looked much better this year so far
Ellison should make our defense and rebounding much better
Walk-on DJ Mitchell has been a really positive part of the rotation. Kid can shoot and he skies for a little guy. His blocked shot was beautiful plus he got 7 boards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts