Hofstra (6-4)
7:00 FloSports

UMBC (5-5)
Towson (4-5)
7:00 FloSports

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Flosports is the online service the CAA uses for all its sports video.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Flosports is the online service the CAA uses for all its sports video.
It also is, by far, the worst service for streaming out there. Countless customer complaints. Better Business Bureau page has well over 100 negative reviews. Hockey East ran it for their playoffs and dropped it near immediately. DC United in MLS dropped them within a year as well as their streaming partner. Groups like Discovery and WWE are pumping funding into it though, yet it still offers really terrible quality and customer service. If you want to watch the dirt biking national circuit, I guess Flo is your jam, but for basketball any D1 conference associated with it (and the CAA might be the only one?) is stupid given there are far better options with ESPN+, even Stadium and possibly CBS All-Access if they're going to step up the sports presence on there since acquiring UEFA Champions League rights. All had way better price points too. $4.99 or $5.99 a month for ESPN+ or CBS >>> "plans starting at $12.50/month" or single game pay crap. That's so 2012.

But, it's not surprising. CAA schools and the conference administration are kind of like how Hockey East has operated under Bertanga for the last decade. They think people will dole out money for the product because it should sell itself and just completely missed the shift in the TV/streaming landscape, and in the CAA's case not understanding all their appealing teams left the league.

·
6,015 Posts
It also is, by far, the worst service for streaming out there. Countless customer complaints. Better Business Bureau page has well over 100 negative reviews. Hockey East ran it for their playoffs and dropped it near immediately. DC United in MLS dropped them within a year as well as their streaming partner. Groups like Discovery and WWE are pumping funding into it though, yet it still offers really terrible quality and customer service. If you want to watch the dirt biking national circuit, I guess Flo is your jam, but for basketball any D1 conference associated with it (and the CAA might be the only one?) is stupid given there are far better options with ESPN+, even Stadium and possibly CBS All-Access if they're going to step up the sports presence on there since acquiring UEFA Champions League rights. All had way better price points too. $4.99 or $5.99 a month for ESPN+ or CBS >>> "plans starting at $12.50/month" or single game pay crap. That's so 2012.

But, it's not surprising. CAA schools and the conference administration are kind of like how Hockey East has operated under Bertanga for the last decade. They think people will dole out money for the product because it should sell itself and just completely missed the shift in the TV/streaming landscape, and in the CAA's case not understanding all their appealing teams left the league.
Wait, I didn’t hear about that. Good for them.

Hopefully, the flu bug has left UMBC, because it’s a damn shame we haven’t beaten Towson since 2012.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
So, 1-2 kind of night? I assume that SBU has the best chance of winning. Towson didn't look fantastic against UVM, but isn't UMBC still pretty banged up? Albany collecting a check tonight...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised by a UA win tonite. BC is awful for an ACC team.

Since I don't have FLOsports or ACCN I guess I'll watch Louisville and Texas Tech hook it out.

·
Premium Member
33,155 Posts
Albany can absolutely beat BC.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I’m getting Albany-BC thru my ESPN app

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Albany also on YouTubetv and Roku
Albany up 26-24, 6:52

·
6,015 Posts
That’ll kill you. 5-0 Towson run, including a long two at the buzzer, and UMBC has a 33-30 lead.
On the plus side, UMBC is shooting 1.000 from the line, so that’s good.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Albany up 31-30, half

1 - 20 of 30 Posts