Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were 5 AE games today. Some of them haven't been mentioned at all.

UMBC 61 DePaul 69
BU 70 Cornell 57
Hartford 56 Marist 46
Maine 84 FGCU 78
UVM 76 Fairly Dickinson 62

Wins in 4 out of 5 and a very respectable showing by UMBC. AE had more success today than they had in a whole month last year. This is going to be a very competitive conference season with a lot of close games, I think.

·
UMBC fan
3,897 Posts
Thoughts after watching UMBC-DePaul game.

Same old, awful DePaul.

Same old, awful UMBC.

Awful. :whiteflag:

....Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
This much is clear to me right now...rankings wise (top half)...Unless UA figures out how to play better defense and rebound better we 'aint winning 'ish. Defensive efficiently at 103.1 (6th best) isn't gonna get it done. I think one of SBU or BU will take the regular season...both above 100 in offensive efficiency and below 100 in defensive efficiency. Vermont is offensively challenged but will stay in games do to their defense. I'd rank UA third and dropping right now. Hartford and BU continue to get better...Hartford will need to find some better offense if they want to challenge.

- SBU
- UVM
- Albany
- BU
- Hartford

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
This much is clear to me right now...rankings wise (top half)...Unless UA figures out how to play better defense and rebound better we 'aint winning 'ish. Defensive efficiently at 103.1 (6th best) isn't gonna get it done. I think one of SBU or BU will take the regular season...both above 100 in offensive efficiency and below 100 in defensive efficiency. Vermont is offensively challenged but will stay in games do to their defense. I'd rank UA third and dropping right now. Hartford and BU continue to get better...Hartford will need to find some better offense if they want to challenge.

- SBU
- UVM
- Albany
- BU
- Hartford
1. SBU
2. Albany
3. Hartford
4. Vermont
5. Boston U
6. UNH
7. Maine
8. UMBC
9. Bing

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts
Good day in AE yesterday- good win by Maine over Florida Gulf Coast.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It seems like it has been a lot of years since the AE had days like this. It is nice to see as I think most of our teams are on the way up at this point.

·
The Invisible Iron Fist
1,253 Posts
It took BU a little while to get going, but once I liked what I saw effor-wise from BU. DJ Irving has really started to get comfortable scoring the basketball...really a treat to watch him. It also helps that Malik was on fire from 3 in the second half and Cornell's D didn't/couldn't catch on!

Really looking forward to seeing what this team can do come conference time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts