Discussion Starter #1
Hartford vs. Maine 12:00
New Hampshire vs. UMass Lowell 5:30
UMBC vs. Stony Brook 7:00
Vermont vs. Albany 7:00

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Good to see El Darwich back on the court.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Glad to leave Maine with a win.....certainly wasn't pretty....Hartford shot 15% from 3. While Ellison had 13 pts 4 rbd he wasn't dominant today. It was the 3 freshman and Marks that won this game for Hartford. Flowers needs to take the ball to the rim more often. Good things happen when he does. Stafl with 12/9 was very good today as well. He needs more touches in the paint. Henry did a great job holding the fort especially in the first half when Carter sat after 4 minutes for the rest of the half with 2 fouls.

DJ Mitchell did not play today and they certainly could have used him. He was injured in the 1st half of the Binghamton game when he went down hard trying to steal the ball. His face is pretty banged up. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Nice to see El Darwich back. Good luck to Maine the rest of the way.

·
The People's Champ
713 Posts
hartford showed some toughness. I really like El Darwich. He has a solid all around game. Hartford won this game because the future four (Flowers, Stafl, Marks and Henry) were able to score in bunches. We missed Mitchell today but Henry filled in admirably.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Movable object with an early lead against the resistible force.

Reactions: Mr quint

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love watching Bill Herrion during UNH games. Invariably as the game goes on his hair gets more messed up, his shirt becomes more and more untucked from his pants and it gets wrinklier, and the knot in his tie gets looser and looser. You can't say he doesn't leave it all out there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I love watching Bill Herrion during UNH games. Invariably as the game goes on his hair gets more messed up, his shirt becomes more and more untucked from his pants and it gets wrinklier, and the knot in his tie gets looser and looser. You can't say he doesn't leave it all out there.
I’ve always enjoyed the Herrion experience. He manages to be animated without being obnoxious and seems at least from a distance to be a good guy.

Kind of an important game for them here. If they lose this one, they start sliding down toward that bottom group rather than elevating toward the top group.

They play hard and are great on the glass, but they are really challenged offensively. I’d be telling Maultsby to take a page out of Robin Duncan’s book and start backing guys down in the paint. He’s got great length for the position but isn’t much of a shooter. For the number of minutes he plays and the amount of time he handles the ball, they need to find a way to make him more of a factor on offense.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree on Herrion not being obnoxius, etc. Tough loss. I watched the end while listening to UVM and UoA, as I don't have ESPN and ESPN3 access (ESPN+ only). UNH battled back nicely. Payne commited a silly foul at the end to give UML 2 from the line and the win. UNH is young. Could be on the rise next year.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
I agree on Herrion not being obnoxius, etc. Tough loss. I watched the end while listening to UVM and UoA, as I don't have ESPN and ESPN3 access (ESPN+ only). UNH battled back nicely. Payne commited a silly foul at the end to give UML 2 from the line and the win. UNH is young. Could be on the rise next year.
UNH lost that game in the first half. They don't have the offense or depth to go down 13 at the half.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Wild, ridiculous half. Could have been better, could have been worse. Both teams making deep contested 3's. Giddens injury cuts our front court depth. Too many damn fouls not making it any easier. In proper yin yang style the second half will probably be a rock fight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts