Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty hard to believe UMBC could be in possession of 3rd place in the conference by the end of tonight. I believe we have the tiebreaker over Albany because of our Vermont win, and then we swept Hartford so. Still, guess I will root for Hartford tonight if it means the #2 seed is still in striking distance. Don’t want to get too far ahead of myself though. We did lose to Binghamton before and any AE team can beat any AE team.

·
Registered
14,141 Posts
Road game? Looks like another L. If this offense can't get going against the worst defense in the AE then it's a wrap.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'd be intrigued to get other fans prospective...but how do you want the order of finish to shake out? We all know you have to play what's in front of you to get the NCAA bid, especially UVM fans but that doesn't mean we can't all wish that there are better roads and matchups to that. So how about we all put the cart before the horse for a moment. Here's what I'd like to see:

UVM (confident they should secure this by Saturday regardless of what happens tonight)
Stony Brook (would prefer them to win tonight and vs. Albany and then lose to UMBC in the finale)
UMBC (win the rest of your games to get here for sure please, want no part of this in the semis)
UNH (have a pretty easy schedule vs. Maine tonight then Bing and Lowell, easily could go 9-7 and have tie vs. Hartford)
Hartford (If they lose tonight and UNH and UMBC win out, this is where they are provided they beat Maine in their finale)
Albany (they should beat Lowell tonight...tough sledding to end the year...8-8 seems likely)
Lowell (they're more or less locked in here I think)
Maine (same with Lowell)
Bing (fire Dempsey)

I think Hartford can and did show it could give UVM fits, but I take those chances in a home game over having to face UMBC again because Odom > Gallagher. And, to make seed projection lovers like VCat2015 happy, they should want the Stony Brook/UMBC and UNH scenarios to happen. Would bump the SB home loss into quadrant 3 of the NET ratings while keeping the UMBC win on the road and the UNH road win in quadrant 3 as well, so then additionally if Rider can creep back into quad 3 (unlikely, CRAAP MAAC) you're only left with the UMBC loss as your lone quadrant 4 loss.

·
Registered
14,141 Posts
I'd like to not lose the next 4 games...3 to wrap up ooc and first round ouster. Honestly, for Albany that is a VERY REAL possibility. In fact, probably probable if not likely.

What a horrendous miserable season this has been with no expectations met at all. A big part of me just wants the misery to end. Entire program deserves a resounding F.

·
Premium Member
33,101 Posts
Hmmm, more like missing a decimal and 5 & 1 transposed.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I hate it when my team plays Hartford. I like to talk trash but feel that Isbal is Hartford's main representative on here and he is too polite and rational to trash talk. It's frustrating! Elijah Olaniyi tweeted a couple days ago that his return was imminent. That begs a couple questions. Does he really know what imminent means? Is tonight imminent? This game would be huge for SBU to stay at home for two games in the playoffs.

·
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that an adult size jersey in the front row across the UMBC bench? I thought they only made the youth sizes.

·
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wasn’t the prettiest half, but I’ll take it.

Nice job Hartford, they have an twelve point lead over Stony Brook at the half.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,649 Posts

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
125 Posts
Sarcasm doesn’t translate on the internet.

This is pitiful and I’m embarrassed to go to this school right now.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts