Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,093 Posts
Haven’t seen anything yet, but remember seeing it last year. Suspect will resurface.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
3 games ago Albany was 1 game out of 2nd place... What the hell happened?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Haven’t seen anything yet, but remember seeing it last year. Suspect will resurface.
They hate will brown... But we're always complimentary of him as coach or his ability to coach.

I got a feeling this will be the wildest offseason for albany in a while. Let's see how it goes. I've been told team will be unrecognizable... Not a good thing. Is complete self preservation mode with 1 year left on contracts.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I tried to start working through tie breakers and had to stop before going insane. It’s still technically possible for there to be a 5-way tie at 9-7. Or a 4-way tie at 7-9. Every team except Maine and Binghamton can still get a home quarterfinal, even Lowell. Crazy.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I tried to start working through tie breakers and had to stop before going insane. It’s still technically possible for there to be a 5-way tie at 9-7. Or a 4-way tie at 7-9. Every team except Maine and Binghamton can still get a home quarterfinal, even Lowell. Crazy.
Ha I did the same. Took some notes but gave up. Will hopefully be easier to figure out after Saturday... (also ignore my potential seed column, as Quint noted, the 5 way 9-7 tiebreaker could occur. 10 wins gets you a top 3 seed though).

·
Premium Member
33,093 Posts
They hate will brown... But we're always complimentary of him as coach or his ability to coach.

I got a feeling this will be the wildest offseason for albany in a while. Let's see how it goes. I've been told team will be unrecognizable... Not a good thing. Is complete self preservation mode with 1 year left on contracts.

Yep. Only options available are to Player Develop or Recruit, or do both. If one of those two areas doesn’t improve dramatically I don’t see what will change.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,635 Posts
I should know better after the last 5 days than to try to predict how this is going to end up, but I'm a glutton for punishment so...

1. Vermont 14-2
2. Hartford 10-6 Wins tiebreak via SBU sweep
3. SBU 10-6
4. UMBC 9-7 Wins tiebreak via record against UVM
5. UNH 9-7
6. Albany 7-9
7. UML 6-10
8. Bing 4-12
9. Maine 3-13

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Yep. Only options available are to Player Develop or Recruit, or do both. If one of those two areas doesn’t improve dramatically I don’t see what will change.
Go look at vc... 30 offers out all to juco kids.

Buckle up... Gonna be a hell of a ride next year. Either gonna be very good or a complete dumpster.

·
Premium Member
33,093 Posts
Go look at vc... 30 offers out all to juco kids.

Buckle up... Gonna be a hell of a ride next year. Either gonna be very good or a complete dumpster.

Lol- I don’t need to look, I believe it. That’s par for the course.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They blocked me for pointing out how Broadus destroyed the bing program. If anyone would post their tweets if there are any I'd appreciate it.

Albany in deep ish...this is a bottom 3 ae program next year.

You're not missing much. They're praising their dudes (Broadus being one of them, Morgan State in a tie for 4th in the MEAC right now), shitting on the guys they hate (Turgeon, Brad Brownell, Kermit Davis), offering gambling advice now (which is hilariously risky and stupid if some of them are actual active coaches), and of course good old fashioned casual misogyny. I'm sure someone will get on Brown in the coming days, praise Gallagher (also one of their dudes), and soon, they'll be demanding to be credited with getting stuff right without realize that credit isn't going to come for all the reasons listed above because it's a woefully irresponsible site that has entertainment value and nothing more than that.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I do wonder if the league would publicly release all the seeding scenarios in like a social media post or something...I'm sure they've had to get pretty far along in calculating it to be prepared for any situation with hosting for the quarterfinals. Release the data so we don't have to try. I too got about 5-6 scenarios deep and my head hurt. They're the ones paid to know this stuff.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I hate it when my team plays Hartford. I like to talk trash but feel that Isbal is Hartford's main representative on here and he is too polite and rational to trash talk. It's frustrating! Elijah Olaniyi tweeted a couple days ago that his return was imminent. That begs a couple questions. Does he really know what imminent means? Is tonight imminent? This game would be huge for SBU to stay at home for two games in the playoffs.
LOL Salty....you can talk trash all you want....I always get a kick out of it.

In regards to tonight's game....it was quite a weird game... I am sure from a Stonybrook fan this game was abysmal. The first 5 minutes or so Stonybrook controlled the game....well basically Foreman did by hitting three nice consecutive 3's. I figured if Hartford gets too far down against Stony like they did against Bing there would be no coming back. The turning point was when they put Boxus/Dunne & Mitchell into the game and all of them hit a 3 which quickly got them the lead. I think that was the confidence they needed to change the tide. Ellison was .....Ellison. Carter is a defensive machine. Another 7 steals tonight. From a Hartford perspective the only thing I didn't like was the last 10 minutes of the game when they went to taking time off the clock ( I tend to never like that decision until there is about 2 minutes left as it always seems to backfire and you never get off a good shot). At this point Hartford was turning the ball over like crazy as well as taking tougher shots. That being said going into someone else's place and taking home a win from the team ahead of you is a good feeling.

While Hartford dd play some good defense today Stonybrook couldn't hit at all.....3's...mid range....short shots....nothing. Sometimes they just don't fall. Certainly doesn't help that their best player is sitting on the bench waiting to "imminently" return.

First time in a long time that Hartford got the sweep of Stonybrook. Actually they have swept all the Suny's this year....I wonder if they have ever done that.

I remember when Stony came into the AE and we thought it would be easy....nope...that Providence transfer (Brisport I think) was really good.....then they went to the Munir/Spencer years and then just demolished Hartford during the Warney years. So after all these bad memories I am going to totally enjoy the sweep this year.

Who knows....maybe we see each other again this year....

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
22/87 from 3 before tonight and Sarr is 3/3 and hits THAT. Geesh.
Honestly that is exactly what you hope seniors do....when Hartford played Bing the other night Caldwell was on fire....I never really noticed him before but he was doing what you hope seniors do.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Pretty much, yes. No El Darwich and Fleming next year on the roster is going to be something to witness. The conference may need to delegate it as its sole JV team.
I look at the underclassmen, and there’s no one who makes me think “they stink.” Unfortunately there is also no one who makes me think they would be more than a nice bench piece on a good AE team. This team is a long way away.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What an abysmal showing by SBU v. Hartford. I felt like leaving mid-way through the 2nd half. Without Olaniyi, our offense has degenerated into weaves outside the arc followed by nothing but forced 3's. We were 4 for 26 from behind the arc. Looking at the standings after Wed nights games, not sure if there is more strength and parity in the league this year, or if perennial upper-tier teams SBU, Albany, and UMBC have just reverted to the mean. Hope the league is working vigorously in sorting out the 4-way and 5-way tiebreaker algos. BTW, no disrespect to Hartford - Ellison is the real deal; he had a monster game.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I should know better after the last 5 days than to try to predict how this is going to end up, but I'm a glutton for punishment so...

1. Vermont 14-2
2. Hartford 10-6 Wins tiebreak via SBU sweep
3. SBU 10-6
4. UMBC 9-7 Wins tiebreak via record against UVM
5. UNH 9-7
6. Albany 7-9
7. UML 6-10
8. Bing 4-12
9. Maine 3-13
This scenario should bolster Bosi. A 3-6 matchup in quarters between Albany and SBU - this game is mentally miserable. Two fan bases who 100% across the board will think their own team is getting run out of the gym. Hartford playing in Vermont at 11:00 AM on a Saturday in March for the title!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts