Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maine @ BU 7pm

If Edwards isn't playing for Maine and is still out with injury, like BU at home in this one. If Edwards plays could go either way.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
BU looks like the winner to me. I don't think Maine considers this a "big game" and those are the ones Maine wins. BU seems a lot more hungry. Of course, BU is also a lot smaller and meat wins a lot of games.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was once a tight game, BU now leads Maine 47-30 with a minute to go in the first half. That's about as many points as Vermont gives up in a game in conference play.

Hopefully Maine will also mail it in against us later this month.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Maine is getting whacked 47-30 almost at the end of the half. BU can't miss. I wish this was on free TV because the box score doesn't say anything about attitude.

Morris appears to be dominating down low.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Maine is getting whacked 47-30 almost at the end of the half. BU can't miss. I wish this was on free TV because the box score doesn't say anything about attitude.

Morris appears to be dominating down low.
I can't see any attitude problems, but maybe that will change in the second half. The BU guys seem really pumped up and are flying around the court though.

Morris is playing good but I'm more impressed with BU's defense on Fraser - he can't do much so far.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
OT Eastern Kentucky is playing "Crowley's Ridge" and is ahead 52-17 at the half.

Is this a community team? SBU got razzed for playing Mt. Ida, but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I can just imagine the BU players with little wings on their sneakers....

It will be interesting to see what changes Maine coaches make.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice comeback by Maine considering they gave up close to 50pts in the first half.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I'm wondering why Mesghna didn't play more. A good comeback by Maine, but the boxscore says Morris was the big deal for BU. No fouls!

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
He's between a 3rd and 2nd teamer. Had a real stinker the last game out when nwakamma took him to the woodshed...
Did nothing against ua either... Even though he was the most talented big on the floor... I can't figure him out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Did nothing against ua either... Even though he was the most talented big on the floor... I can't figure him out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VerticalSports.Com App
Morris has had some quiet games, but I give him credit for stepping it up this year. He has almost doubled his scoring and his efficiency is up, too.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Morris has had some quiet games, but I give him credit for stepping it up this year. He has almost doubled his scoring and his efficiency is up, too.
Yep. Morris is by far the most improved player in the conference. His numbers are up pretty much across the board. Better FG%, Better FT%, Doubled his scoring, more rebounds, less 3s and higher 3%

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51099/dom-morris

He also looks like he has lost about 30lbs.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yep. Morris is by far the most improved player in the conference. His numbers are up pretty much across the board. Better FG%, Better FT%, Doubled his scoring, more rebounds, less 3s and higher 3%

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51099/dom-morris

He also looks like he has lost about 30lbs.
Absolutely! Don't get me wrong, he's made a HUGE stride this season, while also significantly trimming down, my only point was that he's not a First Teamer - certainly not when you consider that team's game plan to stop him third -- after Irving and Watson -- while Nwakamma, Warney and Fraser are putting up bigger scoring and rebounding numbers while carrying a lot more of their team's offensive load and facing constant double-teams all game long... Not to mention what players like Voelkel, Brenton, Cook, and his own teammate in Irving have been doing.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I agree with all that. People have said he puts up a few stinkers... well, that's what third-teamers do. They have a lot of great games, but every once in a while they disappear. The first-teamers are the ones who always show up. I'm comfortable calling Dom a third-teamer, with an outside shot at second.

Speaking of Irving, someone on the radio mentioned he had a very Voelkel-like line: 7 pts, 4 asts, 10 rbds. (While he also had 6 TOs, he did not nut-shot anyone)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts