Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Even though I have never been worried about the #1 seed. This result really puts Vermont in a commanding position. SBU was the only real threat (imo) because of the win at Patrick but now with 3 losses it will take a collapse from Vermont to lose home court.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
My fellow posters are not taking this Hartford team seriously enough. Let's hope the team is.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am not taking Hartford lightly at all. If we have learned anything this year "any given Saturday or Wednesday" in AE...

But I am happy that with a win UVM tonight can grab a 2 game lead. Thank you UNH!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I am bringing my father in law up to the game tonight. That happens to be good for the UVM fan base as when I see Hartford live they always lose. I think the last “live” uvm/hartford game I was at was the double OT loss in the tourney.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
I am bringing my father in law up to the game tonight. That happens to be good for the UVM fan base as when I see Hartford live they always lose. I think the last “live” uvm/hartford game I was at was the double OT loss in the tourney.
That game was awesome. Might be the best live game I've been to.

·
Premium Member
32,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looked like Bing was going to turn a corner this year but have now decided to reverse course.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
Good news for Seawolves fans. Looks like Binghamton might not make the AE playoffs.

·
Premium Member
32,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The main difference between these two teams is that one has a good coach and the other doesn't.
But seriously, Binghamton had a 3 game win streak against Sacred Heart/NJIT/Army, not horrible teams and also managed to beat BU, who has 9 PL wins now. Plus beat Stony Brook.

Maine has beaten Merrimack and...that’s really it. Bing playing like a team that’s given up on season already after a decent start.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
But seriously, Binghamton had a 3 game win streak against Sacred Heart/NJIT/Army, not horrible teams and also managed to beat BU, who has 9 PL wins now. Plus beat Stony Brook.

Maine has beaten Merrimack and...that’s really it. Bing playing like a team that’s given up on season already after a decent start.
Binghamton may have more raw talent, but it doesn't matter when Dempsey is the coach. Conference play is a different animal. Everyone knows what your running and what your strengths and weaknesses are. OOC doesn't have that level of knowledge. Dempsey gets outcoached. They adjust and he doesn't. His teams are consistently horrible on defense. Like every year.

·
Premium Member
32,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
A 4pm start for this one would have been ideal.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Bing is going to beat Stony Brook on Wednesday, but they were not going to win two in a row, thus needing to lose today.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
UMBC and UML are just not inspiring. UML can score but won't defend. UMBC has a little better defense but can't score. UML's offense is the brightest light here I guess.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts