Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
UMBC and UNH kind of hanging around the hoop looking to pick up the loose change right now. If Hartford or Albany stumbles, those two could sneak into a home playoff game. More likely is a good battle for the 5 seed.

Lowell is a bad team. The presence of Binghamton probably saves them from threatening the bottom, but they are only a game ahead of Bing and tied with Maine. They‘re a legit possibility for eighth and still in the game for ninth.

·
Premium Member
33,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
UMass-Lowell and Binghamton in a dogfight for most disappointing AE team. UMBC was right there with them but seem to be improving.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Crummy news for Stony Brook (and the league in general per a tweet from the SBU newspaper's basketball beat reporter yesterday):

Stony Brook head coach Geno Ford reveals that Elijah Olaniyi suffered a “high ankle sprain” during Saturday’s loss to New Hampshire. His timetable is TBD. “Being able to get back to where he was athletically before the injury, that’s the real challenge,” Ford says.

That certainly doesn't sound encouraging...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Crummy news for Stony Brook (and the league in general per a tweet from the SBU newspaper's basketball beat reporter yesterday):

Stony Brook head coach Geno Ford reveals that Elijah Olaniyi suffered a “high ankle sprain” during Saturday’s loss to New Hampshire. His timetable is TBD. “Being able to get back to where he was athletically before the injury, that’s the real challenge,” Ford says.

That certainly doesn't sound encouraging...
Guys sprain their ankles all the time. Even high ankle sprains aren't that awful. Probably a bit of overzealousness by a student reporter. I'd be surprised if Elijah isn't back and close to 100% in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Guys sprain their ankles all the time. Even high ankle sprains aren't that awful. Probably a bit of overzealousness by a student reporter. I'd be surprised if Elijah isn't back and close to 100% in a couple of weeks.
Ellison missed the entire OOC schedule with a high ankle sprain.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Lulka missed 7 games with this type of injury. True there won't be long term effects but this thing is a pia to come back from.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
High ankle sprains are rough. I had one and it was 3 weeks of inactivity for me. They should probably shut him down for the regular season and bring him back for the AE tournament. No point in rushing back to hurt it again.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts