Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
159 Posts
As someone who watched this team go down by 18 in Maine last year I’ve been remaining silent until the final buzzer to say anything.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Stony Brook pressuring Maine full court is a good strategy. Maine's biggest weakness is a dearth of ball handling. El Darwich may be the only D1 caliber guard on the entire roster.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
This somehow went worse then expected for Maine... Yikes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
159 Posts
FINAL: Stony Brook 73, Maine 52. Makale Foreman had 22 points on 6-12 shooting from three.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Posting to stay subscribed to the ccd guy's bi-monthly breakdown asking what's the point of Maine having sports.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts
University of Maine Basketball: We offer it at the D1 level.

End scene.

·
Premium Member
33,160 Posts

·
The People's Champ
713 Posts
Just watched the replay of the Hartford/UNH game. I think this is one of the better UNH teams I have seen in a while. Sutherland is really good. It was just one of those days the 3’s were not dropping for them. Hartford didn’t shoot great either but freshman Flowers was phenomenal. 28/5 today.
Flowers is a hell of a player. Flowers and Ellison are starting to mesh together which is dangerous for other teams, fun for us to watch. I like Carter being a floor leader, but, he's still forcing too much in my opinion. Stafl and Marks also need to be fed the ball, Stafl has solid post presence for a freshman. DJ has cooled off the bench in the past few games, so, I hope Gal can make the adjustments needed and find PJ Henry minutes. I am afraid if he's unhappy, he will walk... overall nice Hartford win, this UNH team is better than years past

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
If Maine had just one more ball handler it might have been a 5 pt game, but they didn't and SBU just walked up and took the ball away on play after play. Is there anyone on the Maine bench who can help?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
If Maine had just one more ball handler it might have been a 5 pt game, but they didn't and SBU just walked up and took the ball away on play after play. Is there anyone on the Maine bench who can help?
Kevin Reed

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
No, that's the issue. Fleming and El Darwich are the entire team. There are like three guys who put together an okay game once every four outings (Larsson, Prijovic, Antoms). No one else has shown as much as a flash of competence.

·
Gr8t Dane
711 Posts
SBU by 5??? Really dude!!!
Yup, swing and a miss by me. I watched part of Maine's game against Columbia, and I was impressed by how Flemming, El Darwich and Prijovic played together. I know they don't have much else, but those 3 can all take over for periods of time.

I knew Maine would lose, but I'm still thinking that they could surprise a bunch of teams and win a few games they shouldn't. I thought they might keep this one closer since it was played at Maine. I was wrong.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,731 Posts
Maine will be lucky to make the AE playoffs. They simply have 0 depth and almost no guards to speak of. The simple truth of low major basketball is you need to have good guard play to be competitive.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts