Albany vs. Presbyterian @ Daytona Beach

Predictions:

Sacred Heart 80 NJIT 65
UNC-Greensboro 75 UMBC 67
Yale 68 Vermont 63
Albany 76 Presbyterian 64

· Premium Member
34,584 Posts
I'm hoping we see a more coordinated team effort from UVM tonight. Without Mazzula, cuts to the basket have become a rare thing and without them Penn penetrates but has nobody to pass to inside. At Bellarmine cutting was a big part of the offense and he looks lost without it.
Mazzula & Shungu were excellent at cutting to the basket.

Reactions: NotDeadYet

· Premium Member
34,584 Posts
On paper you'd prob say hey Yale is a W but they're 3-0 with wins over Eastern Washington, Miss Valley State, and Hawaii. Not sure how good or not good those teams are, but Yale should be a tough opponent regardless.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
It sounds like Yale has one guy that does most of their damage. While he is a big guy, I'm interested to see what defensive schemes UVM employs to slow him down. UVM is usually (up until this year) fairly effective at limiting the other team's best offensive option.

It would be nice to get a win, but I'll settle for improvement in overall play.

· Gr8t Dane
905 Posts
Will tonight be UA's first D1 win of the year? I'm not overly confident. I've been a broken record on this. They have the talent to win a lot of games. Not sure they have the composure in the face of an opponent run to actually win a game at this point.

· Registered
108 Posts
NJIT @ Sacred Heart
UMBC @ UNC-Greensboro
Vermont @ Yale
Albany vs. Presbyterian @ Daytona Beach

Predictions:

Sacred Heart 80 NJIT 65
UNC-Greensboro 75 UMBC 67
Yale 68 Vermont 63
Albany 76 Presbyterian 64
How bad is the NEC conference if Sacred Heart is the 2nd best team in the confrence ( per pre seasons rankings ) ? They gave 85 points to NJIT and they couldn't defend to save their lives!
NJIT 85 SacredHeart 75

· Registered
1,089 Posts
FWIW, here’s what Vegas has:

NJIT +7.5
UMBC +14
UVM +2.5
Albany +1
The line on the UVM game has flipped, with Vermont now favored by 1. Not sure I’m seeing the rationale there, although I hope it’s right. UMBC is unchanged and Albany now +2.

Nice win by NJIT today. Let’s see if we can pile up a couple more.

· Registered
1,089 Posts
The movement of the line has less to do with the possible outcome of the game and more to do with the bets (money flow) that are coming in on the game.
Yeah, I guess my point was that I’m a bit surprised that enough people went UVM’s way to flip the line in a road game against a pretty good team. If anything, I thought it might even be a little generous at +2.5. But I’m hoping the people who caused the line to move are smarter than me.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts