Maine @ Central Connecticut (3:30pm)
UMass-Lowell @ Brown (7pm)

Predictions:

Binghamton 74 Columbia 71
Maine 75 Central Connecticut 65
UMass-Lowell 82 Brown 76

· Registered
1,089 Posts
If I had five bucks for every time I think America East should win all of the games on a given day only to be confronted with a .500 or worse outcome…

But that said, we really should win all three of these.

The spread on the Maine game is Even. I think I’d take Maine all day straight up, even though it’s on the road. Lowell is a small favorite against Brown (-3). That seems low as well.

· Registered
2,340 Posts
I wouldn't bet on Central, but they are desperate and at home. While they are 0-5, they lost to QU, Lafayette, and UMBC by a combined total of 9 points.

If we can play solid defense today, the Blue Devils can win. Certainly this is the best Maine team we've faced in a while.

· Registered
481 Posts
Despite the win, this is still a bit concerning to me. Columbia is a young team, Binghamton is old and experienced. Columbia got clobbered by both Lowell and Maine while Binghamton needed a miracle to beat them by 2 at home.

I get they want to play a more team oriented game offensively than last year, but Binghamton really is at their best when the offense runs through Falko. This is two games in a row where they showed signs of life in the second half once they just fed him the ball and let him go to work. He should be the driving force for this team from tip off, not waiting until they are losing because they keep trying to feed Balogun or Akuwovo, neither of whom are particularly adept at scoring the ball.

Gibson continues to play much better than I anticipated. Hinckson solid as usual. McGriff was mostly quiet, but had the big game winner.

Solomon continues to disappoint. He came in with the reputation as a shooter, but he's something like 2-13 from three after today. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like every three he takes is off balance.

Hoping Harried gets back soon. Not sure how serious the injury is. I believe it's ankle related, so might not want to push him in OOC and make things worse.

· Registered
1,089 Posts
Is Coulibaly/Brooks the best frontcourt in the AE?
The reason I like this team (generally the kiss of death, by the way) is that those two guys plus Blunt are a really good America East frontcourt. The starting guards are pretty good as well. And I think they might have the best team matchup wise against Bryant. The bench could be a weak point, though.

At this early stage, I’m not sure who besides Bryant you’d put ahead of these guys, and that comparison might be closer than people think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts