Boston University @ UNH

Predictions:

Binghamton 68 Sacred Heart 62
NJIT 63 American 61
UMass-Lowell 91 Emerson 57
Bryant 87 Florida International 76

UMBC 71 Central Connecticut 66
UNH 77 Boston U 76 OT

Yes.....I am predicting 6-0 for AE this weekend! BU/UNH should be fun to watch.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I’ll go with 5-1, but definitely a good chance for a successful couple of days.

Another decent measuring stick game for Bryant. FIU is probably half a notch below FAU, so Bryant should have a good opportunity to get one on the road here.

I’m going to continue to bang the Lowell drum until they prove me wrong, which definitely won’t be today. UMBC and Binghamton really should win at home against those opponents. I’d probably go with BU over UNH as the lone outlier, mostly because I’d just like to see a little more proof that UNH is better than expected before getting on that train.

As for NJIT vs. American, somebody has to win, so it might as well be NJIT. Going to be a pretty long season for both, it seems.

#5 ·
NJIT drops the game to American as well. Pretty poor start to the weekend.

Meanwhile, comedy hour in Lowell. They sleep-walked their way to a 4-point lead at halftime against Emerson. Then decided to actually pay attention in the second and have outscored Emerson 36-6 in 11 minutes.

#28 ·
Not trying to pile on, because UMBC has been there and might be soon, but CCSU has nobody to blame for themselves for that loss. The last minute was a disaster all around, and several open shots late were airballs. I hope they can get over the hump, but not an “unlucky” loss - they lost it and UMBC happily took it.

#29 ·
Agreed. Simply put we don't have the players. Most are young or just not very good. I fear for the future of this program in the NEC. I'm not sure how we get program-changing players to this school. We've dug such a big hole, I don't know how we get out.

As for this game, we certainly gave it away and have no one to blame but ourselves. That being said, I can't think UMBC has a high upside this year in the AE.

Both programs and fans deserve better.

BTW - nice facility. I enjoyed the old RAC, but this was very nice. Too bad there were 200 people in the gym. I guess they are at the Ravens game 😁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.