Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wondered why the AE doesn't schedule more games on Fridays like the MAAC and the Ivy? I think its great they are playing games then and getting games on the U.

I know 4 of the AE schools are in Hockey East, but I would think it would be pretty easy to schedule around that when said hockey school isn't on campus and vice versa.

I just don't see a downside...more people would likely come to a Friday game than a Tuesday or Wednesday game and it has a better chance to be televised.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Has anyone wondered why the AE doesn't schedule more games on Fridays like the MAAC and the Ivy? I think its great they are playing games then and getting games on the U.

I know 4 of the AE schools are in Hockey East, but I would think it would be pretty easy to schedule around that when said hockey school isn't on campus and vice versa.

I just don't see a downside...more people would likely come to a Friday game than a Tuesday or Wednesday game and it has a better chance to be televised.

At one point, the league's coaches had voted to have games spread out so that they had at least 2 days in between...no one wanted the Friday/Sunday thing anymore. Everyone wanted a Wednesday/Saturday or Thursday/Sunday format.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Yeah, Tuesday/Wednesday games are tough for students. Have to leave at least one or two nights to study- and it's usually those two.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I don't know what it's like at other campuses, but UVM games have much better attendance on weekends. I would imagine ticket sales are a factor.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Friday is when high school games are generally held. Between that and Friday night out you wouldn't sell nearly as many tickets.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

AE games in general don't seem to play on Fridays. There must be some reason for it, but I don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts