Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who wins the AFC East?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Football season upon us, it's time to go division by division to discuss how we see each team and landscape of the NFL this upcoming season.

2011 Record: (13-3), 1st AFC East; Lost in Super Bowl

Head Coach: Bill Belichick; 13th Season

Additions: WR Brandon Lloyd, WR Anthony Gonzalez, S Steve Gregory, CB Will Allen, LB Bobby Carpenter, DE Trevor Scott

Losses: DE Mark Anderson, RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, LB Gary Guyton, CB Antwaun Molden, WR Chad Johnson

Draft Picks: OLB/DE Chandler Jones, LB Dont'a Hightower, S Tavon Wilson, DE Jake Bequette, DB Nate Ebner, CB, Alfonso Dennard, WR Jeremy Ebert

2011 Record: 6-10, 4th AFC East

Head Coach: Chan Gailey; 3rd yr

Additions: DE Mario Williams, DE Mark Anderson

Losses: OT Demetress Bell, WR Roscoe Parrish

Draft Picks: CB Stephon Gilmore, OT Cordy Glenn, WR TJ Graham, OLB Nigel Bradham, CB Ron Brooks, OT Zerbie Sanders, LB Tank Carder, OG Mark Asper, K John Potter

2011 Record: 8-8, 2nd AFC East

Head Coach: Rex Ryan; 4th yr

Additions: QB Tim Tebow, S LaRon Landry

Losses: S Brodney Pool, OT Robert Tuner, TE Matthew Mulligan

Draft Picks: DE Quinton Coples, WR Stephen Hill, OLB Demario Davis, S Josh Bush, RB Terrance Ganaway, OG Robert T. Griffin, S Antonio Allen, WR Jordan White

2011 Record: 6-10, 3rd AFC East

Head Coach: Joe Philbin; 1st yr

Additions: CB Richard Marshall, QB David Garrard, LB Gary Guyton, OT Artis Hicks, S Tyrell Johnson, WR Legedu Naanee, LB Jamaal Westerman

Losses: WR Brandon Marshall, QB Chad Henne, CB Will Allen, DT Kendall Langford

Draft Picks: QB Ryan Tannehill, OT Jonathan Martin, DE Oliver Vernon, TE Mike Egnew, RB Lamar Miller, LB Josh Kaddu, WR BJ Cunningham, DT Kheeston, WR Richard Matthews

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
How you posted them is how I think the division will finish

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
I think your Dolphins additions are the jets additions, the dolphins losses are their additions, and there key losses are not present.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your Dolphins additions are the jets additions, the dolphins losses are their additions, and there key losses are not present.
Yeah, copied/pasted. Fixed.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
I have to admit, I was disappointed when New England took Chandler Jones with Dont'a Hightower still on the board, and was relieved when they landed Hightower a couple of picks later. I was wrong about Jones, he looked unbelievable. I mean, yeah, it's just one exhibition game, but jesus is he going to get after opposing QBs and cover up for that secondary.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Patriots, and I don't see it being close (granted, this is the NFL and you never know, though)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Pats take this one pretty easily even with suspect DBs. They signed guys to sretch the field this year.

Bills should be much improved, but I feel like I say that every year. Screw it, I'll go with them as a WC team.

The Jets should have less distractions, but they won't. If they miss the playoffs again, Rex gets fired.

The Dolphins seem like they're going all in with Tannehill. That could change though.
Pats/Bills/Jets/Dolphins

1 - 12 of 12 Posts