Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this article it's a good read.

Some good news out of the Nuggets camp regarding Kenyon. K-Mart seems to be understanding his injury/road to recovery better. He is going to take it slow and work himself back in with out rushing things. Good article, also some light into the situation with Lenard. Who hasn't been happy with Karl not playing him. Nor would he talk to Karl. Here are some quotes from K-Mart, and Karl.

Shirt off and feeling no pain, Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin took another step toward returning to the lineup as he vigorously tested out his ailing left knee Tuesday.

Martin missed his fourth consecutive game but was encouraged after taking part in a shootaround and running several wind sprints from baseline to baseline.

"Everything I did today, I did it with no pain," Martin said before the Nuggets' 108-105 victory against Washington. "That's a good sign."
While he does not expect his knee to be 100 percent anytime soon, Martin said he would like to contribute. That likely will mean limited minutes until the pain subsides.

"I don't want to be limited and all that, but I know that's going to be the plan," he said. "Realistically that might be the best thing for me - to play in spurts or shorter minutes or whatever the case may be."
The success has prevented Denver from making a hasty move to add a big man via trade or free agency.

"Could we use someone? We could use someone, but in the same sense, if (a new addition is) not better than what we've got, he could cause problems, too," coach George Karl said. "We've got a lot of guys who want to play. If you're asking about picking up Tim Duncan, that's what I think we should do."
Link http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_4261197,00.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts