Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
My brother met him at an airport a long time ago, and while 'Zo was in a rush, he had the generosity to stop for a picture and a friendly hi-five (my bro was 10 or 11 at the time). He instantly became my brother's favorite player.

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...0/ts_alt_afp/basket_nba_mourning_031220003911

Mourning undergoes kidney transplant

NEW YORK (AFP) - Alonzo Mourning underwent kidney transplant surgery, less than a month after he retired from the National Basketball Association because of illness.

The surgery was performed at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, where Mourning was listed in good condition. The kidney donor is believed to be a family member.

In July, Mourning, 33, returned to the NBA when he signed a four-year, 22 million-dollar contract with the New Jersey Nets despite missing the 2002-03 season with kidney disease.

But Mourning's condition deteriorated, and he was forced to announce his retirement on November 24. The seven-time All-Star center played 12 games this season, averaging 8.0 points and 2.3 rebounds in 17.9 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.