Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Danny Ainge was on the phone with his wife after Monday night's game in Cleveland, watching TV, when he saw a notation cross the bottom of his screen: Atlanta had traded Shareef Abdur-Rahim to Portland in a five-player deal that included Theo Ratliff and Rasheed Wallace. His heart sank.....
Also, thought this little snippet was kinda funny..

Celtics rookie Marcus Banks and Cleveland veteran Jeff McInnis got into a little jawing during Monday's game. Banks said the two are friends, but McInnis may have crossed the trash-talk line by insinuating that Banks was playing as if it was a college game. Was that a direct shot at UNLV? "No," Banks said yesterday. "He knows better than that. He was saying, `This is not UNLV. Why are you picking me up full-court?' Basically, what he was saying is that they don't play defense in the NBA. So I was going to pick him up, full-court. I don't care who it is that's in front of me. If you have a different jersey on, I'm going at you as hard as possible."

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Of course Ainge wanted Rahim. I'm sure he'd love to have Ratliff, too. Most NBA GMs would love to have both guys, despite what the naysayers on this board would tell you.

They're all ours, Danny!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Challenge for the trade afficiandos: Can you come up with a Rahim for Pierce trade(s) that fits CBA rules?

Can even be a multi-player trade, but would have to be structured as multiple player-for-player deals (does the league allow multiple deals between teams with a handshake agreement?), but they each have to match up individually and create a fair cluster of trades overall...

If Ainge really wants SAR, I'm sure we can come up with something to make it work for him. Without checking exact salaries and restrictions, maybe something like:

1) SAR for Pierce
2) Dale and DA or RP for Baker

SAR is moved individually, which I believe makes the deal allowable. The second trade possibly balances the talent level out enough to appeal to Boston.

Is it realistic?

Dan

·
Registered
519 Posts
well after Ainge leaving us for the SUNS..serves him right...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
bump

this article says he wants Rahim with Pierce. So I think we can put those ideas to rest.

Ainge envisioned Abdur-Rahim as an ideal No. 2 to Paul Pierce. But the package he had simply couldn't match the one Portland produced, either in immediate help (should Atlanta want it, which is dubious) or in the future (the Hawks can erase the two contracts and $24 million-plus after this season.)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's just it--it makes perfect sense to me why we are hearing Ainge is working his a__ off trying to get SAR. Can you imagine how much hard work it would be to get a quality player in return for anybody on the Celtics roster OTHER than Pierce and Jefferson. Keep working Danny!!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I remember a article about 3 months ago about Rahim and Ainge called him one of the best kept secrets in the league

1 - 7 of 7 Posts