Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to the latest SI article with the Blue Jays on the cover. The Walker deal only took place because a deal for Baron Davis fell through literally at the last hour of the deadline.

It didn't mention specifics of the deal.

Why would anyone pin our future on a guy who is never healthy?

I can't believe this deal was even discussed let alone almost done.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Ainge wanted Byron Davis not Walker

Steals4 said:
According to the latest SI article with the Blue Jays on the cover. The Walker deal only took place because a deal for Byron Davis fell through literally at the last hour of the deadline.

Yeah they wanted Tony Allen, and Danny didn't want to give him up. I don't remember who else was involved in that deal, but thankfully we won't be seeing Davis in street clothes on the bench.

He's one of those great players full of injuries. Gotta hate that.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

OK, let's get real here. It doesn't mean he didn't want Walker. The Walker talk had surfaced in January, so obviously the Celtics had been interested for a while. And also, the Warriors didn't give up anything. If the Celtics were going to give up GP and a pick, then it ain't a bad deal.

Danny didn't overpay market value. Don't judge a guy on deals he almost made or was rumored to be considering. Only two people know what, if anything, was really discussed.

Danny traded Tom Gugliotta, Yogi Stewart, and next year's draft pick for Antoine Walker. Judge him on that alone.

Oh, and his last two drafts. (LOVE THEM)

And giving up Eric Williams for Ricky Davis. (NOT A BAD DEAL, IMHO)

Oh, and trading Mihm, Jumaine and Chucky for GP, $10M expiring, and a Laker first rounder. (NEED I SAY MORE?)

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Truth34 said:
OK, let's get real here. It doesn't mean he didn't want Walker. The Walker talk had surfaced in January, so obviously the Celtics had been interested for a while. And also, the Warriors didn't give up anything. If the Celtics were going to give up GP and a pick, then it ain't a bad deal.

Danny didn't overpay market value. Don't judge a guy on deals he almost made or was rumored to be considering. Only two people know what, if anything, was really discussed.

Danny traded Tom Gugliotta, Yogi Stewart, and next year's draft pick for Antoine Walker. Judge him on that alone.

Oh, and his last two drafts. (LOVE THEM)

And giving up Eric Williams for Ricky Davis. (NOT A BAD DEAL, IMHO)

Oh, and trading Mihm, Jumaine and Chucky for GP, $10M expiring, and a Laker first rounder. (NEED I SAY MORE?)
Lets see, Should I believe you or SPORTS ILLUSTRATED?

:Danny has admitted that it wasn't his idea to bring back Antoine.
:Wyc admitted on NESN that they knew they needed to make a deal to help this team after Philadelphia signed Chris Webber.

Doing the math Ainge had no choice in the matter.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts

TONYALLEN42 said:
i think he ment baron davis who got traded to golden state
I'm gonna guess he knew what he meant, he's just pickin on the guy.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Who cares whose idea it was? Who cares about if we WANTED to trade for Baron Davis? We didn't and we evidently ended up with the better end of the stick for once so why even bother...

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
This was all over the news at the trade deadline. The Hornets wanted Allen, Danny said no way. Atlanta also wanted one of our young stars but in the end they finally settled for the draft pick which is why the Atlanta deal went down and the Hornets one didn't.
Baron Davis is a very very good player when he's healthy, but what does he average for games a season? Like half??? I'm glad that Atlanta prevailed, Antoine does not have an injury rittled history, knock wood.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Steals4 said:
According to the latest SI article with the Blue Jays on the cover. The Walker deal only took place because a deal for Byron Davis fell through literally at the last hour of the deadline.

Steals, i swear to god, do you ever praise anyone in the Celtics front office

1 - 11 of 11 Posts