Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys have a chance to listen to the Ainge's teleconference?

He mentioned that he like taller PG, what about Banks?
He also mentioned about teams like Kings and Wolves, can we be a team like them?
Another one, someone asked about using the MLE in the summer, he said he would go after hard to use the MLE, if possible to get 2 players with the MLE.
Someone asked about trading the draft picks for higher pick and he replied that he's on the phone constantly but noone has offered a valuable offer.

What do you rate about Ainge? Hopefully, he can make C's a better team and have a chance to be contender in years to come.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing he mentioned was Kendrick Perkins, he doesn't have a plan to use him this season. He wants to get him better conditioned because when he came to the league, he was weighed 305 pounds, 27% body fat, and 21" vertical leap. Now, he's weighed 275 pounds, 15% body fat, and 27" vertical leap. I think he's better conditioned now and hopefully he gets a chance to play before the season ends.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Free Agents Identified?

Ainge said he had identified free agents. The two needs he hoped to address:

"A front-line player, a space-eater, a rebounder."

Possibles: Mehmet Okur, Gary Trent

"A taller, longer PG who can provide leadership, passing and outside shooting."

Possible: Brent Barry

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Welsch more of a swingman

I think the Celtics are looking 2/3. He will play sporadic minutes at the 1, but I think the Celtics are more interested in him at the swingman spot, and developing Marcus Banks.

He can play the position in a pinch, though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!

I would *love* to have Brent Barry. I started liking him a few years ago playing fantasy basketball (since stopped playing), when he was the 9th ranked player in all the NBA. Guy does it all, boards, dimes, steals, great shooter from behind the arc, can finish, good FT shooter, good ball handler.

I wonder what's up w/ him this year, seems he's not getting a lot of minutes.

What do you all think he'll command as a FA? I wonder if we can deal the Mills contract for him this year, then sign him to a long term deal and still stay under the cap.

Although... he might be more of a 2 than a straight PG, which is kind of what we need... a real floor general type.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brent Barry is currently injured and expected to miss around 6 weeks.

I really love to have him here, I think we can be instant contender in the East.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I doubt brent barry is signing a contract with boston, but could see him pulling a john...

·
Registered
16,817 Posts

I think the "Barry's" don't like Boston. Jon didn't want to come here, and Brent is probably the same..

·
Registered
8,236 Posts

<b>I thought that Jiri was that taller guard???</b>
So far, I am not impressed with Ainge, but I'll give him more time at this. Too bad the C's don't have Kiki - man has he shaped up the Nuggets & did it rather quickly, too, I might add!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

So far, I am not impressed with Ainge, but I'll give him more time at this. Too bad the C's don't have Kiki - man has he shaped up the Nuggets & did it rather quickly, too, I might add!!!
That's what happens when you have a whole bunch of top 6 picks.

Oh wait, we had that under Pitinio...

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

That's what happens when you have a whole bunch of top 6 picks.

Oh wait, we had that under Pitinio...
Kiki also went out into the free agent land! He got himself a couple of PG's in Miller and Boykins, & he also got Jon Barry as a back up #1 or #2. He kept the oft-injured Camby at center and then used some players from the NBDL.

So - Kiki did a lot more than just build through the draft.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!

Kiki also went out into the free agent land! He got himself a couple of PG's in Miller and Boykins, he also got Jon Barry as a back up # or #2. He kept the oft-injured Camby at center and then used some players from the NBDL.

So - Kiki did a lot more than just build through the draft.

They would be **** without Carmelo and Nene.

Both were top 6 picks, and aren't named mercer.

Billups and Johnson we should have kept.

Shrewd moves make the GM, and Wallace/Rick P have never been shrewd.

Ainge is shrewd. you will see.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Ainge is shrewd. you will see.
Welcome to the board Adamatic.
How exactly do you see Danny Ainge as "shrewd"

He wants a team based on offense and not defense (according to his good pal Cedrick Maxwell a few nights ago on Foxsports Net)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

Welcome to the board Adamatic.
How exactly do you see Danny Ainge as "shrewd"

He wants a team based on offense and not defense (according to his good pal Cedrick Maxwell a few nights ago on Foxsports Net)
You should try to answer that yourself.

he turned an aging center with bad knees and a one dimensional defensive player in to a 24 year old potential star and a legit young center w/ big upside. one step back, two steps forward.

he turned a lazy overrated star who was about to fly the coup in to a versatile locked up big man, a czech star in the making, cap money and a first rounder. two steps back, 3 steps forward.

tonight was a pain to watch. i actually went to a bar to watch it, since i live out west. but if you maintain the mantra, "2 or 3 years" then all these moves make sense.

big picture.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

You should try to answer that yourself.

he turned an aging center with bad knees and a one dimensional defensive player in to a 24 year old potential star and a legit young center w/ big upside. one step back, two steps forward.

he turned a lazy overrated star who was about to fly the coup in to a versatile locked up big man, a czech star in the making, cap money and a first rounder. two steps back, 3 steps forward.

tonight was a pain to watch. i actually went to a bar to watch it, since i live out west. but if you maintain the mantra, "2 or 3 years" then all these moves make sense.

big picture.
No offense but your post is complete homer.
Only a complete homer could see the moves Danny Ainge made as a future Championship team.

2 or 3 years? lol

Not in this universe.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Agents Identified?

Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

No offense but your post is complete homer.
Only a complete homer could see the moves Danny Ainge made as a future Championship team.

2 or 3 years? lol

Not in this universe.
yeah, for real.

paul, antoine, walter, battie and edub were definitely bringing home a title!!!

not in this or any other universe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts