Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iverson is averaging 3.14 TO's a game, and only has 2 in tonights game. After averaging roughly 4.6 last year, this is definately an improvement. In fact, if he keeps it at 2 TO's tonight, he'll be averaging a career low in TO's (if I'm not mistaken) and will have 2 or less TO's in 4 games (out of 8 total played). It's surprising to me and I'm one of the biggest Iverson fans you might ever meet.....just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Well, that's big time for AI and Philly. 5 TO's per game is pretty ridiculous no matter how much you score and how many assists you get, but getting around 3 per game is much better.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
He, Kobe, and Wade were good for well over a dozen per game combined last season. Ridiculous. Both AI and Kobe have improved a little compared to last year but Wade still has a ways to go. He's a turnover machine right now.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
wade is asked to do a lot more now because of shaq's absence and jwill's struggles. his turnover numbers shouldnt be surprising.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's exactly what we need, more 2 TO games and less 7 TO games like he had the other day. I think it's amazing the things AI can do considering he doesn't pick up a basketball in the offseason.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
DuMa said:
wade is asked to do a lot more now because of shaq's absence and jwill's struggles. his turnover numbers shouldnt be surprising.
But then again, AI has the ball in his hands as much as DWade does, maybe even more.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Pinball said:
He's a turnover machine right now.
yea he had 2 to's tonite which is actually really impressive considering how much they rely on him to handle the ball and make plays happen. You have to expect almost a minimum of 2 just because hes got control of the ball so much.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
now lets work that FG%

for a guy who to line as much as he does...there's no reason he shouldn't be shooting around 44%

·
Player
7,852 Posts
its chris webber impact on his game, now little chuckerson has a big that can catch the ball. if he passed it even more to chris, he'd average even less turnovers.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like how Mo has been running the offense through Chris Webber (in the limited glimpses I have seen), this really benefits Iverson and the team as a whole. I hope they keep this up throughout the season.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
DuMa said:
Wade averaged 4.2+ TOpg with Shaq all of last season, so this comment makes zero sense.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pinball said:
He, Kobe, and Wade were good for well over a dozen per game combined last season. Ridiculous. Both AI and Kobe have improved a little compared to last year but Wade still has a ways to go. He's a turnover machine right now.
If Wade continues to average the 7.5 assists and Rebounds per game. I will take the TO along with it.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
sic_D said:
If Wade continues to average the 7.5 assists and Rebounds per game. I will take the TO along with it.
I can see the assist argument but there's no correlation whatsoever between grabbing a board and turning the ball over. None, unless Wade has hands like Kwame Brown and tends to lose the ball right after he grabs a board. John Stockton averaged 2.8 TO's per game and no one handled the ball more than him. His assist to TO ratio was damn near 5-1 for his career. Magic's was about 3-1. Is it really too much to ask superstars like Kobe, Wade, and Iverson not to have a 2-1 A/TO ratio?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pinball said:
None, unless Wade has hands like Kwame Brown and tends to lose the ball right after he grabs a board. John Stockton averaged 2.8 TO's per game and no one handled the ball more than him. His assist to TO ratio was damn near 5-1 for his career.
Neither Kwame nor John Stockton is a good comparison. Stockton was one of the best PG's and Kwame lol, i dont even want to waste my time talking about his game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts