Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this really sux! I hate that team. Of all the teams to go to, he wound up there. I like AJ, a really good guy. now he is another Laker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
AJ's a Punk!! --I don't why he signed with the Lakers (outside of getting a ring the easy way) he'll get just as much playing time as he did here!!:no:







Afflack betta recognize he's a dead-man!!!
Ain't nobody betta be messin wit my J-LO!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
AJ is exactly where he should be, on a team that uses his two best talents: outside shooting and cheerleading from the bench. With Diesel in the paint, you can never surround him w/ enough shooters. A nice fit.

Let's not be hating LaLa either. That place is dope. I hate their basketball team w/a passion, but the area is a cool place to live and chill.

VD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
Vin, you must be staying in the nicer parts of L.A. :D

As for the Lakers need, I would be surprised if A.J. sees anytime. With Kareem Rush in the mix, the Lakers are even better from the outside.

I think A.J. was picked up moreso because of his familiarity with the Triangle. Plus, Phil doesn't trust many rookies.

Bottom line, he didn't fit for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!
Vin, you must be staying in the nicer parts of L.A. :D

As for the Lakers need, I would be surprised if A.J. sees anytime. With Kareem Rush in the mix, the Lakers are even better from the outside.

I think A.J. was picked up moreso because of his familiarity with the Triangle. Plus, Phil doesn't trust many rookies.

Bottom line, he didn't fit for us.
C'mon dude... with In-n-Out, Tommy's (best chili dogs anywhere), Dodger Stadium, Dodger dogs, Santa Monica, sunny skies, west coast superfly ladies.. I could go on, SoCal is where its at brotha!

Totally agree that AJ was never a great fit for the Bulls. He was a part of that 2nd round draft trio in 2000 with Voskul and El-Amin. Weird. Especially consider we had taken Crawford in the 1st round. And the 3 picks were ahead of House, Najera, and Redd. Nasty. I do wish we had kept Voskuhl as a backup seeing him be productive in Phoenix. Plus, when I went to games he was often the most accomodating to fans anyways. But we have that other big stiff to back up at center now... nasty.

VD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
A small salary in the NBA is serious money for most of us. You can't blame AJ for taking money when many us of wondered if he even was going to make a roster this year. His talent is very limited and he isn't a real point guard, but he is a decent human being and I wish him well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!


C'mon dude... with In-n-Out, Tommy's (best chili dogs anywhere), Dodger Stadium, Dodger dogs, Santa Monica, sunny skies, west coast superfly ladies.. I could go on, SoCal is where its at brotha!

Totally agree that AJ was never a great fit for the Bulls. He was a part of that 2nd round draft trio in 2000 with Voskul and El-Amin. Weird. Especially consider we had taken Crawford in the 1st round. And the 3 picks were ahead of House, Najera, and Redd. Nasty. I do wish we had kept Voskuhl as a backup seeing him be productive in Phoenix. Plus, when I went to games he was often the most accomodating to fans anyways. But we have that other big stiff to back up at center now... nasty.

VD
Much as I respect your basketball knowledge, touting LA hotdogs to Chicagoans?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Songcycle</b>!


Much as I respect your basketball knowledge, touting LA hotdogs to Chicagoans?

LOL. My bad.

I'm out in LaLa quite frequently, so maybe my bias shows through. But as much as I love Wrigley (Old Style and those Hebrew National all-beef franks).... Dodger Dogs do run a close second. Yum.

Hahaha.... Chicago is where my heart is though. Chicago v. LA? No question. Chicago, hands down.


VD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!



LOL. My bad.

I'm out in LaLa quite frequently, so maybe my bias shows through. But as much as I love Wrigley (Old Style and those Hebrew National all-beef franks).... Dodger Dogs do run a close second. Yum.

Hahaha.... Chicago is where my heart is though. Chicago v. LA? No question. Chicago, hands down.


VD
What part of LA do you live in? I'm of the mindset that it's completely lost its charm and I'm ready to move to Chicago. Used to love LA.

Now...I don't want to go into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
I have been to LA and DodgerDogs and Pinks are supposed to be world class. I go to a place on Chicago's North side, Romanian where they make them fresh daily in a huge furnace room full of hickory smoke. Yum.
PS - Herbrew National is okay but they are made in New York. Besides Vienna and Best, there are a lot of butcher shops, mostly ethnic that make their own and some are seriously good and real fresh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
I think AJ will get decent playing time in LA and be fine. He just needs to play with a 2 or 3 who likes to have the ball in their hands. He can play the Kerr/Pax role to Kobe. I think if we had actually given him consistent minutes, he could've produced pretty decent backup numbers playing alongside a Jalen/Jamal. Obviously we don't have room for him now with JWill. One thing that can't be disputed is that when AJ started last year, he scored well and the Bulls actually won some games. And, there's NO doubt that we won a couple of games solely because of his hot shooting in the 4th quarter. All of the times he was thrown back on the bench or on the injured list, he never bad-mouthed the team or management. It really seemed to me that he only struggled when he wasn't given consistent minutes, although I know in order to earn PT you have to produce even when not given many minutes. I admit I DID go to Indiana U, but I DO think AJ will be in the NBA for a long time. There aren't many great shooters in the league, so he should always have a spot somewhere.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top