Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He fell on his wrist and was just lying there for a while, in obvious pain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2020927

Kirilenko, Utah's leading active scorer at 16 points per game, drove to the basket and crashed into Brown just 3:02 into the game. Kirilenko's feet went out from under him and he put his hands down to break his fall, landing hard on his tailbone and left wrist.

sumuma

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
what a horrible season for him

·
Banned
762 Posts
A Broken Wrist hurts like hell, but this sin't really that big of a deal considering the Jazz are horrible and arent going to the playoffs

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I don't remember Andrei being so injury prone before. Why is he so fragile this season? Or is it just freak accidents?

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
it's a good thing (imo) that the nba introduced the lottery 20 years ago- it doesn't change everything, but it's better than nothing.

i could only imagine what team management would be doing if it could fully control where it picked in the draft (i.e. you know what i mean). things would get really messy.

this "injury" is not a surprise to me... but maybe i should check my cynicism at the door.

peace

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
ehmunro said:
The Jazz with an all out Andrew Bogut push, eh?
You read my mind. They'll get him too, they have lots of additional #1's to throw at the Hornets, Hawks, Bobcats, etc.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
i so feel like digging up some of the old threads post boozer-acquisition with people talking about this being a 50 win team and whatnot, theyve been such a damn bust this season its pathetic.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Tooeasy said:
i so feel like digging up some of the old threads post boozer-acquisition with people talking about this being a 50 win team and whatnot, theyve been such a damn bust this season its pathetic.
Digging up those threads won't do much for you, since losing a top 10 player for the majority of the year will have ill effects on any team.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Digging up those threads won't do much for you, since losing a top 10 player for the majority of the year will have ill effects on any team.
argueabley top ten, yes. however they lost harpring last year and still damn near made the playoffs, and thats when AK stepped up and made a name for himself. Besides, he did appear in 40 games this year, so up to this point theyve played more than half of their games with him in the lineup.

teams have rallied around less, and the jazz have been a piss-poor team this season, no getting around it. the injury bug hits every team, every year, its inevitable. I almost feel like a high draft pick this year isn't gonna help them as much as a top 5 in the past couple drafts; considering the possibility of some of these youngsters not coming out that we presume are, and i doubt they'll get higher than a #4 pick this year, unless they trade up of course.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Tooeasy said:
argueabley top ten, yes. however they lost harpring last year and still damn near made the playoffs, and thats when AK stepped up and made a name for himself. Besides, he did appear in 40 games this year, so up to this point theyve played more than half of their games with him in the lineup.
They were 8-6 when he went down in November. By the time he returned, they were 14-27 and were too far out of the picture to really make a run. Either way, when you start your first 14 games on pace to win 47, then lose your best player for almost two months, and have him come back to a team that is 14-27, I'd say it's unfair to call them a bust. There is a difference between the injury bug and losing a top 10 player for two months.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The perfect way to cap off a disappointing, injury-plagued season for AK47. I think he will rebound next year and have a great season (very optimistic).

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Tooeasy said:
Boozer and AK have missed a ton of games this season, can you really blame them?

the injury bug hits every team, every year, its inevitable. I
Most teams don't lose their superstar for half the season though. That's a big difference.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
They were 8-6 when he went down in November. By the time he returned, they were 14-27 and were too far out of the picture to really make a run. Either way, when you start your first 14 games on pace to win 47, then lose your best player for almost two months, and have him come back to a team that is 14-27, I'd say it's unfair to call them a bust. There is a difference between the injury bug and losing a top 10 player for two months.
true, but to be fair they were actually 2-4 in the games leading up to his injury, and 2-5 if you count the game he was injured in, so this team potentially couldve been riding a little lucky streak and was being brought down to reality anyway.
im not saying that this team couldn't have been a .500 team or better if he never got injured, but thats no more than speculating, because for all we know they could have been just as bad.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Tooeasy said:
but thats no more than speculating, because for all we know they could have been just as bad.
It's all speculating, but when you look at the record with and without, you can't call them a bust unless you call a team that lost their best player or two a bust. I think logic would say that there is some correlation between losing your best players and losing games.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
My Fantasy team ... is ruined. :no:

I feel for AK, but I'm sure he'll be back next year. I had a fractured wrist once too, so I really feel bad and I know what AK is going through.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts