Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raiders owner Al Davis is furious over the officiating in Sunday's 27-23, last-second loss to the Chiefs in Kansas City.

For the third straight year, the Raiders drew referee Larry Nemmers' crew for the road trip to KC. And for the third straight year, Nemmers' crew played a role in the outcome. The Raiders have lost all three games, by eight total points. The Chiefs' game-winning drive Sunday was helped along by a tripping penalty on Raiders defensive tackle Ed Jasper that negated a sack of Trent Green. The penalty gave the Chiefs a first down at midfield with 27 seconds left. Three plays later, running back Larry Johnson scored on a 1-yard dive with no time left.

Sources close to Davis say he doesn't understand why the league allows Nemmers, who is from Springfield, Mo., to work so many Chiefs games. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it's strictly a coincidence that Nemmers and his crew have worked the last three Raiders games in KC. He said crew assignments are selected randomly by a computer and don't take into account where the officials live. He also said crews are not allowed to work more than two of a team's games per season. And those games must be at least six weeks apart. Nemmers and his crew also worked the Raiders' 23-20, Week 3 loss to the Eagles. Davis, sources say, blames them for that defeat as well.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13141689.htm

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
WOW!!!! Al is STILL sharp. I thought he was so old and out of things.

That catch is very interesting ... Guess Nemmers won't be reffing any more Raider games THIS year, because Davis has put the spotlight on him. If he does do another game ... we should win!!!! (w/o silly penalties being called).

On another note ... sometimes I do wish Al would take a back seat and maybe the team wouldn't have to fight through so many behind the scene influences in addition to playing the game. Just my opinion.

That comments does not excuse the fact that we have NO defense and NO QB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts