Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure about starting a new thread on this, since there is already a Pippen thread. But heres something else

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/south.../pro/231sd2.htm
(edit: link fixed in post below, thanks)

and I'd say that we are running out of veterans to blame for being too "hard" on the kids. Maybe, instead of being tired of reading about criticism in the papers, we should be even more tired of the lack of effort. Not that anybody isn't.

I say lets lighten up on Scottie actually. He knows about right and wrong. This must be more troublesome than we thought. if the trainer gets outspoken.

Hmmm, i'm having trouble figuring out how to post the link. Bear with me while i figure it out:)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks:) Please Don't take it personal. I'm like Howard Dean at times. Just defensive i guess:(

again, thanks.

to the article. It looks like Al Vermeil is a bad guy now too? Maybe we should stop hating the messenger(PIP) This is probably killing the profesionals on the team

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
According to Al Vermeil, the Bulls' strength and conditioning consultant, Fred Hoiberg, Donyell Marshall and Roger Mason were the only regulars at team-supervised workouts last summer. Since then, all three have been either traded or released.
WELL DONE PAX!!! Looks like we've got an organization that says one thing, and rewards another?

I see too many mixed signals coming out of bulls managment. It's no wonder our young guys don't know up from down, or winning from losing.

As far as all of this being hard on the kids stuff...does anyone including the kids really care anymore? This is all old news. It's just piling on right now. Which isn't going to get us anywhere.

And what is the trainer doing adding fuel to this fire? It sounds to me like not only do our kids not accept any responsiblity, but no one else, whether it's veterans or people within the organization accept responsiblity either. Pax knew what was going on this offseason. None of this should have been any suprise to him. But he's playing like it's all just come out that neither Eddy or Tyson came into this season in shape?

Pax signed Pippen...even though he knew Pippen had injury problems. Pax traded away most of our backcourt depth.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man, why did we add Donyell Marshall in the trade again?

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Pippen does a whole lot of hard work

The only one that should be preaching this is Kirk not Pip, and than when Tyson is back he should be able to too, cuz he works his butt off. He was working his butt off when he got injured.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MiSTa iBN</b>!
Man, why did we add Donyell Marshall in the trade again?

We had to shift Jalen. No really, we HAD to shift Jalen. If gifting away Donyell was the only way it could be done, so be it.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
The only one that should be preaching this is Kirk not Pip, and than when Tyson is back he should be able to too, cuz he works his butt off.
Not according to Al Vermeil.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Last night the Dallas announcers who sounded surprisingly knowledgable about many things commented that the Bulls had no choice but to move Rose and Marshall, that they both had demanded they be traded behind closed doors and that neither of them was giving a serious effort to start the season because they were waiting for a trade.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Last night the Dallas announcers who sounded surprisingly knowledgable about many things commented that the Bulls had no choice but to move Rose and Marshall, that they both had demanded they be traded behind closed doors and that neither of them was giving a serious effort to start the season because they were waiting for a trade.
that was obvious. Wasn't it? And why do you think Rose was upset with his benching? Not because of his NBA pride but because of he wanted to be traded! It would hurt his cause.

Both guys are giveng much better effort.

Rose was a max player and to have him coast with is was just wrong.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It does fascinate me, some times, to learn things from opposing teams' announcers. They do their homework, and most of their jucy info are gotten from our announcers. But their announcers forget what they're allowed to say and what they're allowed to say, and sometimes say things that we're not supposed to know.

Well, they HAD to trade them.

Pax talked about "chemistry" issues. Yes, I would say that was some bad chemistry.

Rose demanding a trade doesn't surprise me, but Donyell does. I really genuinely thought he wanted to play for Chicago. Maybe he and Cart had soured?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zeos</b>!
It does fascinate me, some times, to learn things from opposing teams' announcers. They do their homework, and most of their jucy info are gotten from our announcers. But their announcers forget what they're allowed to say and what they're allowed to say, and sometimes say things that we're not supposed to know.

Well, they HAD to trade them.

Pax talked about "chemistry" issues. Yes, I would say that was some bad chemistry.

Rose demanding a trade doesn't surprise me, but Donyell does. I really genuinely thought he wanted to play for Chicago. Maybe he and Cart had soured?
Except that reason kind of dried up after Cartwright was fired.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm grasping here. I really don't understand what Donyell was upset about, why he wanted to be traded. It doesn't make sense. Maybe he was just upset about playing time. I just never got the feeling that he was anything but a team guy.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zeos</b>!
I'm grasping here. I really don't understand what Donyell was upset about, why he wanted to be traded. It doesn't make sense. Maybe he was just upset about playing time. I just never got the feeling that he was anything but a team guy.
I do think he was probably quite pissed about that at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

Pax knew what was going on this offseason. None of this should have been any suprise to him. But he's playing like it's all just come out that neither Eddy or Tyson came into this season in shape?
From one of the Bulls coaches: during off-season “Conditioning programs” were waiting for Curry and Chandler but no one was interested…

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
who knows what to think, Yell said the Bulls were the first team where he got along with everybody. He liked the guys. He must not have liked his role in the stinkin triangle. Not sure how he felt about being a backup center.

Like others have said, he must enjoy being in traditional sets. It would be intersting to see him under Skiles.

BTW, when has a trainer ever spoken out against players like this? Cluelessness

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>robert60446</b>!

From one of the Bulls coaches: during off-season “Conditioning programs” were waiting for Curry and Chandler but no one was interested…
unbelievable. Didn't Reinsdorf mention he was willing to think about an early extension for Eddy when Pax told Craw he would wait until the offseason to look at his season's production?

what is the problem? It can't all be young and stupid.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fleetwood macbull</b>!
Hey fleet,

Good to see you on this side of the pond. ;)

As for the trainer speak, seems like Pax has a different understanding than I have for "No Excuses".

If Pax's explaination, not excuse of course, is that the kid's stink b/c Pax was not firm enough about summer work. Well, let's just say it could be a long summer. And fall. And winter. Etc.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!

Hey fleet,

Good to see you on this side of the pond. ;)

As for the trainer speak, seems like Pax has a different understanding than I have for "No Excuses".

If Pax's explaination, not excuse of course, is that the kid's stink b/c Pax was not firm enough about summer work. Well, let's just say it could be a long summer. And fall. And winter. Etc.
Thanks 797. Its different here. I haven't seen troll wars or fisticuffs yet. I may be the only troublemaker

Hmmmmmm Everybody dropped the ball. Has anybody owned up to anything?

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fleetwood macbull</b>!
Let's clear up a couple of things.

1) It doesn't sound to me like Al Vermeil "spoke out" against players in the sense that he went looking to stir the pot. It sounds to me like he was asked a question by a reporter which he answered truthfully.

2) There is nothing Pax or Cartwright or Krause or Skiles could have, or can, do to force these players to participate in summer workout programs. From my understanding, it's against the CBA. If Curry thumbs his nose at Pax's suggestion, what is Pax supposed to do?

What is incomprehensible to me is the fact that millions of working stiffs pay monthly dues to health clubs and whatnot just to keep themselves in relatively decent shape. The Bulls players have free unlimited access to what has been described as one of the nicest training facilities in the NBA, supervised by a strength and conditioning coach generally considered to be one of the best in the NBA, and their professional livelyhood depends on them being in the best physical condition possible. And yet just 3 members of the team choose to participate last summer.

Connect the dots.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts