Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I can't see the Athletic, but I did find this to corroborate that crime against sports fashion: 25 Recent Sports Uniforms We Don't Ever Need to See Again -- slide 13 of 25.

Albany Men's Basketball: 2014 NCAA Tournament

Purple and gold has consistently been a tough look to pull off in sports. The Albany men's basketball program found that out the hard way in 2014.

Instead of mixing and matching both hues in a controlled manner, the Great Danes decided it was a better idea to simply smack yellow across the back of their shorts and call it a day.

Folks, this is an example of what not to do when it comes to designing uniforms. Please, don't let this atrocity happen again.
And wow, just as well they didn't play Syracuse that year. Yikes. (Slide 15)

·
Registered
188 Posts
OK, so perhaps Albany's unis were best viewed through a pair of anti-glare sunglasses, but they're nowhere near the Steelers' throwbacks' level of badness. Those were just an experiment to see how high a degree of disgust human eyeballs could tolerate. Anyhow, a nice bit of national press for the Great Danes' program, regardless.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The 2013-2014 ones were baaaaaaaad. I'm guessing those are the ones that they're referring to.

2014-2015 was alright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts