Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
This is probably for the best. He will definitely get a better shot in New Orleans than he was going to get in DC.

A couple of thoughts. I think this shows the Wizards have confidence in Rip's groin and/or they are excited about someone they think will be there at 17. Of course they could package their two picks for something entirely different as well.

Good luck to CA. He deserves it.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they are definately looking to put together a package of picks to move up. Or else, why would they do this trade now, when they could have waited another day to see who was actually availabe at #17...

Looks like they have a plan.....

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
There are now several options for the Wizards. That is a good thing because the 11th spot is generally a reactionary spot, meaning you are picking based on a hell of a lot of action 1 through 10.

If Wagner falls to 11 they can grab him and use the 17th on a SF. If they grab a SF at 11 then they can look for a PG at 17. I think this is what they have planned for but made the move now so that they could be in a position to do something with those picks on Draft day, a luxury they wouldn't have with them trying to make the deal with the Hornets tomorrow.

That would at least explain the timing of not waiting until the draft.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Alexander will be starter with the Hornets

I think Alexander is going to be a pretty good player with the Hornets ... if they keep Baron Davis ... their team will be a very athletic team that likes to run and gun ... i believe that Alexander would benefit from that type of play ... The biggest weakness with Alexander was his defense ... He had many lapses on defense last year that's why he didn't get that much pt until injuries tormented the Wizards .... I think he can either be a starter their or be a decent 6 man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts