Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russian guard Alexey Shved has agreed to a three-year, $10 million deal with the Timberwolves and said coach Rick Adelman's faith in young players helped convince him to pick Minnesota, according to a Monday, July 23, interview with R-Sport, a division of RIA Novosti, Russia's state news agency.

"Minnesota's a good, young and ambitious team," said Shved, who also had offers from the Memphis Grizzlies and Cleveland Cavaliers. "All those factors were reasons to choose this club in particular, plus coach Adelman. They say that Rick trusts young players and discovers talents, and I'm ready to work for my part."
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21138340/timberwolves-rick-adelman-was-big-factor-alexey-shved

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
They are still working on being the whitest team in the last 3 decades. They needed this signing to compensate for Darko not being aboard any more.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
They are likely to have 9 on their 12-man roster with 8 possibly being regular season rotation players.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
JJ Barea doesn't count, and neither does Rubio. Spanish/Latino = not "white", is it?

Ridnour
Shved
Budinger
Love
Pekovic
Stiemsma

Is Robbie Hummel going to make the team?

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
JJ and Rubio both count.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Eh, JJ's Puerto Rican. If he were to say that he considers himself a white guy from Puerto Rico I wouldn't argue with him, but most of the Puerto Ricans I know consider Puerto Rican to be a separate thing.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I expect him to play the long minutes at shooting guard, with Roy used as something of a DH. They already have Ridnour and Barea backing up Rubio, and Shved had turnover problems in international ball. He'll be a secondary creator at times, but I'd be surprised to see any sort of regular lineup featuring him as the primary ball-handler.

·
Thunder GM vs 2
129 Posts
I like what the Wolves are doing. I give them credit, we are trying to win games and be a playoff team. With the roster as it is right now I see them in the playoffs. But Rubio needs to be healthy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts