Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

All Heat Team: Power Forward

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
PICK TWO!!

#1, Chris Bosh (2010-Present)

#42, PJ Brown (1996-2000)

#40, Udonis Haslem (2003-Present)

#7, Lamar Odom (2003-2004)

#8, Antoine Walker (2005-2007)

#30, Michael Beasley (2008-2010)

#43, Grant Long (1988-1995)

#14, Anthony Mason (2000-2001)

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Haslem and Long...

this is the only one that I had to give any thought on my pick (Long)

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UD & Bosh.

Hard leaving PJ Brown off my list, he was one of my favorites back in the day.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
Bosh obviously. I know Haslem's been around longer. But taking Haslem or any of those other guys over Bosh is ludicrous. None of them are even All-stars or ever were all-stars. Maybe odom once...but that's about it.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Bosh has played here for two years. We're not asking who is the most talented.

Haslem has two rings, he's going to have his #40 hanging from the rafters in AAA, Bosh isn't even in the same universe as UD as a member of the Heat.

Odom was here for not even a calendar year!

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Bosh has played here for two years. We're not asking who is the most talented.

Haslem has two rings, he's going to have his #40 hanging from the rafters in AAA, Bosh isn't even in the same universe as UD as a member of the Heat.

Odom was here for not even a calendar year!
Take Bosh off last years team and you have no title.

Take Haslem off last years team and no one cares.

If you're going to pull shit like that, go take Lebron off your SF list.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take Haslem off of the 06 squad and Dirk takes us to town and has two rings.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Take Bosh off last years team and you have no title.

Take Haslem off last years team and no one cares.

If you're going to pull shit like that, go take Lebron off your SF list.

LeBron is the only player to win an MVP in a Heat uniform. What has Bosh done? He was an all-star?

He's not part of the All-Time Heat team.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

LeBron is the only player to win an MVP in a Heat uniform. What has Bosh done? He was an all-star?

He's not part of the All-Time Heat team.
:lol:

Yea. But Haslem is. Because hes an above average role player.

Oh ok.

And again, asking what Bosh has done? You guys don't even come close to the finals without him. That's what he's done.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
:lol:

Yea. But Haslem is. Because hes an above average role player.

Oh ok.

And again, asking what Bosh has done? You guys don't even come close to the finals without him. That's what he's done.
Haslem is Miami born and raised, he's basically a symbol of the city. If you had fan voting for most popular Heat player of all-time, he'd finish in the top five without any question.

And again, like someone else has already told you, we don't even come close to the finals without Udonis in 2006, and he had a big impact, in a lesser role, in this championship. That's what he's done.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Haslem is Miami born and raised, he's basically a symbol of the city. If you had fan voting for most popular Heat player of all-time, he'd finish in the top five without any question.

And again, like someone else has already told you, we don't even come close to the finals without Udonis in 2006, and he had a big impact, in a lesser role, in this championship. That's what he's done.
He had no role in this championship. I watched all the games.

His defense was horrible, which is supposed to be his calling card.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Arguable.

16 and 10, 26 and 16, 30 and 7, 16 and 9 (Hasslem played 18 minutes), 20 and 8, 29 and 15.
Did you watch any of those games? Haslem's D on Dirk has been cited over and over for a big part of the Heat's championship.

He had no role in this championship. I watched all the games.

His defense was horrible, which is supposed to be his calling card.
You're right, he had no role. He started Game #1. He took a reserve role when Bosh moved back into his normal minutes, but still played roughly a quarter or more each game. His role at this stage of his career is to defend, and grab a few rebounds a night. He played his role.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Did you watch any of those games? Haslem's D on Dirk has been cited over and over for a big part of the Heat's championship.

You're right, he had no role. He started Game #1. He took a reserve role when Bosh moved back into his normal minutes, but still played roughly a quarter or more each game. His role at this stage of his career is to defend, and grab a few rebounds a night. He played his role.

He played his role badly. His defense was bad. You can't argue against that.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
He played his role badly. His defense was bad. You can't argue against that.
What's amazing is that since Haslem was so bad, the rest of the team must have just been amazing.

OKC averaged 103 ppg and in the Finals, scored 105, 96, 85, 98, 106 (and only won one of those games) - a 98 ppg average.

And even more shocking, is that Haslem would mainly be matched up with Perkins/Ibaka/Collison, and of that group only twice in the entire series did any of them score 10 points.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
What's amazing is that since Haslem was so bad, the rest of the team must have just been amazing.

OKC averaged 103 ppg and in the Finals, scored 105, 96, 85, 98, 106 (and only won one of those games) - a 98 ppg average.

And even more shocking, is that Haslem would mainly be matched up with Perkins/Ibaka/Collison, and of that group only twice in the entire series did any of them score 10 points.
Game 1: Haslem plays 29 minutes. Loss
Game 2: Haslem plays 16 minutes. Win
Game 3: Haslem plays 14 minutes. Win
Game 4: Haslem plays 11 minutes. Win
Game 5: Haslem plays 11 minutes. Win

I don't think I need to explain that.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts