Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in Rumorville. Yes I am stirring the pot, but I think many would agree that trades happen when we least expect them.

So far this week I haven't even seen anything in the way of rumors on the blogs...

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Fresh From The Blazers Blog

:D

Seattle poll:

"Nearing the midpoint of the 2003-04 season, the Sonics are treading water with two natural small forwards -- Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic -- in the starting lineup. What should the team do?"

1) Trade Vladimir Radmanovic (39.8%)
2) Trade Rashard Lewis (35.8%)
3) Trade both players (9.9%)
4) Keep both players (14.5%)

It's not known whether the Sonics are shopping either player, but wouldn't Rashard Lewis look good in a Blazers uniform?

Would the Sonics and Blazers consider a swap of Rasheed Wallace, Qyntel Woods and Vladimir Stepania for Lewis, Jerome James and Vitaly Potapenko?

The 7-1 James has one more year and $5.4 mil left on his contract. You have to imagine the Sonics would rather unload Calvin Booth (3 more years and $19 mil) instead of of James, but that might be worth it to get a skilled, athletic and young small forward to play alongside Zach Randolph.

Why would Seattle do this? The Sonics would get the skilled big man they've been coveting for a long time in Wallace. This would allow Rad Man to move to the '3', with Jerome James or Calvin Booth manning the middle.

The Blazers would get a natural small forward in Lewis, who is averaging 18.5 ppg and 7.2 rpg this season. His 6-10, 215 lb frame would allow him to guard small forwards more effectively than Wallace is able, while freeing up the paint for Zach Randolph to work on the offensive end.

Lewis, who has the ability to post up, is also an excellent 3-point shooter (38.5% for his career).

I know many teams are wary of making blockbuster trades within their division. But I love the prospect of re-igniting the I-5 rivalry with the Sonics, and a swap of Lewis for Wallace would improve both teams and spark fan interest in the Rose City.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Just to add to the stirring....:angel:

I got this off of NBA dailey. All the usual caveats apply.

Right now, there is supposed to be a glut of big men on the market. In addition to the names already bandied about ( SAR, Sheed, Jamison, Ratliff) they state that Curry, Ely, and Juwan Howard are actively being shopped.

Conversely, Denver is the only team that (supposedly) is actively shopping FOR a big man.

Just my :twocents: - Ely is still on his rookie deal, and is the kind of player who might be available in a minor deal. He isn't young for a 2nd year player, and his ceiling isn't all that high, but for the right price he could be a useful backup at the 4 and 5.

If the Bulls have really lost faith in Curry.....which I think is questionable....then Nash needs to pick up the phone. When you are in rebuilding mode, sometimes you have to roll the dice. There are worse guys to gamble on than Curry.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!
There are worse guys to gamble on than Curry.
...like Shawn Kemp :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A deal with Seattle would require at least Lewis, Potapenko and Either Booth or James...Radmanovich makes too little to make the deal work.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I will say it once again...

If Curry is avaliable we MUST try and trade for him. Sheed for Curry, A.Davis, Fizer.

Davis has a ugly contract, but Curry is 21 and full of potential. If he gets into the gym a bit more this summer, he could be the #2 center in the league.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I been sayin it for so long, Chicago should be the #1 team we try to deal with. THey have so much young talent and they are willing to trade. I would like to package Sheed with some other fillers for Curry or Chandler plus Jamal Crawford. That'd be great. Curry is similar to Zach so my pick would prolly be Chandler who could compliment Zach better, but I like Curry more. Chandler is more of a defensive player. Jamal Crawford would fix our point guard problems.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I think Eddy Curry could flourish in Portland!

C: Eddy Curry
Pf:Zach Randolph
Sf: Darius Miles

That would be a nice young frontline core to build around!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I agree, Im a big fan of Eddy Curry but like I said, if Chandler can play center then I think having him on our team would be better. He's defensive minded unlike Curry, Curry is offensive and with Randolph I think Chandler would work better. Either way tho, Id take either one along with Jamal Crawford. Id LOVE it.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Even Mike Rice had no rumors on CSMN tonight...........

mum is the word.... what gives?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Silence is golden?

Perhaps with less trade talk going around, the players can be more focused on winning. I think with trade talks flying around the last month affected the team focus. I know that most players say that they ignore all that stuff, but I can't imagine that it would not affect them in some ways. It is only human nature.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sambonius</b>!
I agree, Im a big fan of Eddy Curry but like I said, if Chandler can play center then I think having him on our team would be better. He's defensive minded unlike Curry, Curry is offensive and with Randolph I think Chandler would work better. Either way tho, Id take either one along with Jamal Crawford. Id LOVE it.
I would rather have Chandler too. I think if he bulks up a little more he can play center. He's already a solid help defender with his shot blocking ability. A good help defender would help Randolph a lot on defense.

Curry is the more polished offensive player, but his weak defense and offense would be a little redundant with Randolph's game. Chandler compliments Randolph better than Curry would.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!
I would rather have Chandler too. I think if he bulks up a little more he can play center. He's already a solid help defender with his shot blocking ability. A good help defender would help Randolph a lot on defense.

Curry is the more polished offensive player, but his weak defense and offense would be a little redundant with Randolph's game. Chandler compliments Randolph better than Curry would.
Agreed. I have no doubt that Chandler could play the post effectively, and he would be a better compliment the Zach.

OTOH, I don't think the Bulls are really looking to deal Chandler. If they are going to move either one, for PR reasons I think it has to be Curry.

For whatever reason, all the anger and frustration of Bulls' fans seems directed at Curry and Crawford. (gee, what does that remind me of?)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Portland trades: C Vladimir Stepania (2.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 10.9 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.6 minutes)
SF Rasheed Wallace (17.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.7 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Portland receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (13.0 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 28.6 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (9.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +14.8 ppg, +10.1 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (13.0 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 28.6 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (9.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.0 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Vladimir Stepania (2.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 37 games)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 37 games)
SF Rasheed Wallace (17.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.7 apg in 38 games)
Change in team outlook: -14.8 ppg, -10.1 rpg, and -3.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I think this deal works, what yall think? Antonio Davis' contract isn't too long at all, and he's much better than Dale. We get Chandler back along with Crawford but we give up Qyntel. Gotta give up somethin to get somethin I think.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would like that deal. How many years does A. Davis has left on his contract? If it end by 2005, sign me up. If it runs past 2005, I dunno. I like Chandler a lot so maybe...

I don't think Chicago would do it. They are still very high on Chandler.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
Interesting possible trade offer.

I agree, I don't think that the Bulls would go for it, unless Skiles is that anxious to shake things up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!

Agreed. I have no doubt that Chandler could play the post effectively, and he would be a better compliment the Zach.

OTOH, I don't think the Bulls are really looking to deal Chandler. If they are going to move either one, for PR reasons I think it has to be Curry.

For whatever reason, all the anger and frustration of Bulls' fans seems directed at Curry and Crawford. (gee, what does that remind me of?)
You wouldnt happen to be in contact with Mr Nash would you????If they pulled that off and drafted "smart" I would be in love with P-town again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts