Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
When did you become a Laker fan?
Why did you become a Laker fan?
Uncle came over from the states who was a big Lakers fan. He got me into Basketball, before that I was (and still am) a soccer guy.
Favorite current Laker?
Andrew Bynum
Least favorite current Laker?
Now? Noone. Before? I guess you could say Kwame, but Smush got on my nerves, too.
Least favorite Laker of all-time?
Kwame!
Favorite all-time Laker?
Magic, for sure.
Best all-time Laker?
Kareem.
Favorite Laker coach of all-time?
Phil.
Least favorite coach of all-time?
Rudy T.
Best moment as a Laker fan?
Horry's shot vs Sacramento.
Least favorite moment as a Laker fan?
2004 NBA Finals. To nearly get swept with a hall-of-fame team was as shocking as it was disappointing. Team chemistry let us down in the end.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Been here a while, but never filled this out. I'm insanely bored, isolated, and drinking.

It was around 1990 season. While everyone in school was starting to hop on the Jordan bandwagon, I found a growing interest and following in my fathers foot steps to root for Magic. Even though, they didn't win the finals, I still stuck with the Lakers and rooted for em ever since. (Seemed like most people around me, bailed for the Bulls around that time).

It's in the family. Ever since I was born my father had been talking about the Lakers, and having Laker partys at the house. You grow to love the sport, when everyone else around you does to.

Currently, my least favorite Laker is Luke Walton.

Smush Parker. I have seen so many losers play for the Lakers over the years.. And he has to be by far the biggest loser. I will forever be haunted at the shot he bricked in the round one playoffs VS the Suns.

Favorite all-time Laker?

Magic Johnson without any question in my mind. His attitude, and abilities never have been duplicated to me. His professionalism and class were just many facets that made up his amazing personality.

Best all-time Laker?

Best all time Laker? While in my life time, theres been a lot of amazing Lakers. Kobe may go down as the best ever Laker, if he can get a few more rings.. But right now I'd probably give it to Kareem.

Phil Jackson. Guy has a great sense of humor, and gets the rings.

Rudy T was bad, but not here long enough to totally hate. Probably going to give it to Harris. That guy was a total douche bag.

Sunderland or Chick? (not which one is/was better, which one would you rather have now and in the future)

Well, if Chick were alive and a little younger.. This wouldnt be a question... Sunderland sucked, glad he is gone. Myers is decent, even though he is disturbing looking.

Laker that didn't get enough chances?

Caron Butler

Laker that got too many chances?

Smush Parker and Rodman.

There are far to many moments that are equally amazing for me to narrow it down to just one.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Welcome Mohamed...enjoy your stay...

CD...what were you drinking?
At the time I was drinking beer.

Depending upon the mood. I like to drink a little Jägermeister, with red bull chaser. Then when I hit insanely drunk, I switch to beer.

Sometimes I drink double screw drivers with stoli.

If I go out and on a budget I usually just order a couple Satan's pisses, (151, and Four dabs of Tabasco). Saves on money, and gets the job done fast.

For beer, I am open minded. Don't really have a brand, even though I drink primarily MGD (Seems more popular out here in Houston, for some reason).

What about you Basel, what's your poison?

Remember to please drink responsibly, CDRacingZX6R is not responsible for you drinking and looking like a moron when talking to girls, or getting arrested.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I haven't been posting at all really the past year to year and a half...

What happened to everyone from when we sucked in 05?

Cris, Basel, BH and Eternal are really the only ones I remember..what happened to the old regulars? haha or am I missing something?
nope i'm still here too

·
Banned
50 Posts
Well started watching games with my dad before I knew what I was watching...so almost my entire life? (Born 1988)

Dad

Luke the Puke

Karl Malone...Lakers made a deal with the devil and they got what they deserved

Favorite all-time Laker?

Magic...love watching the classic games

Best all-time Laker?

Kareem

Pat Riley...going old school

Del Harris and his stupid bball tattoo

Sunderland or Chick? (not which one is/was better, which one would you rather have now and in the future)

Insulting question, wont even answer

Laron Profit...but only because he got badly injured...That dude could ball

Deaven George...what a waste

1A)Comeback in game 7 against POR
1B)Horry shot against the Kings (would be #1 but it wasnt an elimination game)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: All New Posters, post here first-- Laker survey
Guess mid-90s, we didn't have much Pro ball coverage before that.

Magic and Showtime, later Kobe and Shaq.

Luke Walton

It's a toss, Smush or Kwame

Favorite all-time Laker?

Kobe Bryant

Best all-time Laker?

Magic

Phil Jackson

Can't really say

Caron Butler

Smush Parker/Kwame Brown

Fisher's shot with 0.04 left to kill the Spurs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys. This seemed like fun, so I thought I'd give it a try...

I can't really remember a time when I wasn't
Because they were my families team. I still remember my mom, my brother, and I driving out to the Forum.
Favorite current Laker?
I'd have to say Trevor Ariza. He does all the little things that help them win games. Plus he's from UCLA. Josh Powell and his tattoos are in the running, as well.
Sasha Vujacic. I don't know why, he just pisses me off.
Doug Christie. **** that guy.
Favorite all-time Laker?
There have been so many great players to wear the purple and gold over the years... Sealy, Perkins, Rice, Rider, Jones, Campbell, Divac, Shaq... To say one is my favorite over all the others is hard. I'd have to say it's between Cedric Ceballos, and Nick Van Exel. Ced could do anything he wanted to. Score, rebound, defend. I still consider it a crime he was never given an All-Star nod. And Nick? What's there to be said about the man that hasn't been said already? He truly was one of the best point guards in the game at the time, and his style was genuinely unique. Had he been on the team longer, it would've been Mr. Rider.
Best all-time Laker?
Can't deny Mr. West.
How can it not be Phil?
A toss up between Del and Kurt. Del put shackles on the team's most talented players, and Kurt let the inmates run the asylum.
My immediate reaction here is to say Nick. Yeah, he was an All-Star with the Lakers, but I can't help but feel like had he been with the team when Phil took over the coaching reigns, he could have been a huge part of those championship runs. J.R. comes to mind as well. I love J.R., and while he continued to screw up in L.A., when he did play and he was focused, he was an excellent compliment to Kobe and Shaq.
Lamar Odom. Don't get me wrong, Lamar is one of my favorite players in the game today, and yeah, the Lakers avoided trading him away for guys like Jermaine and Kidd, but I still feel like if they traded him for a more physically intense player, the Lakers would all but ensure a championship.
The beginning of a new era: Kobe's alley oop to Shaq.
Three moments:
1) When Ced broke his leg, and was subsequently unceremoniously traded.
2) Nick Van Exel being run out of town by a lame duck coach.
3) Being swept by the Spurs in 1999.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dad was a Laker fan...was watching with him..everyone else were Bulls fan..we where a Laker house hold :)

Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown and Elden Campbell
Favorite all-time Laker?
Kobe Bryant Magic Johnson
Best all-time Laker?
Kobe Bryant
Phil, the zen master
Del Harris
Chick! He was the best!
Glen Rice
Rodman
Robert Horry conect a 3 to the victory against Sac. 2002 WCF
Getting swept by Utah twice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about answering the Q's in bold so that we can get to know each other.

October of 1992, I was 12.
Magic was making his FIRST comeback from HIV and everyone was making a big deal about it. I watched the preseason games he played in and soon I began to watch games even after he re-retired. I went to my local library and got a couple of Laker history books and read up on Mikan, Baylor, West, Wilt, Kareem and Magic. Soon I became hooked to Vlade, Sedale and the rest of the Lakers.
Favorite current Laker?
Robert Horry. When he first got here he could run, block shots and dunk. Now I just love watching him shoot his 3 pointers that seem to take minutes to reach the rim. He never stops moving on offense either, always cutting. Whatever the Lakers need he brings.
Mark Madsen. Stop missing lay-ups and try dunking.
Greg Foster. I hated Kupchak for bringing throat slash in. That would be like signing Pippen after his contract is up.
Favorite all-time Laker?
Nick Van Exel. I just liked the passion he showed on the court. His lower the roof gestures on the road, his uppercuts after nailing a 3 at home. I really wish Kobe would be more cocky and start doing stuff like this. Nick was a fearless player.
Best all-time Laker?
Has to be Jerry West for his contributions as player, coach and GM.
Phil. I love how smug he is. It's nice having a coach that can talk trash to other teams.
Del Harris. Almost ruined the Lakers. If Phil didn't come along Shaq would probably would of opted out of his contract after 2000.
Chick, no question about it.
Nick and JR Rider.
Foster and Rodman.
Kobe's alleyoop to Shaq against the Blazers. That's when it sunk in that the Lakers will win a title.
Day Nick was traded for Lue and Battie.
Hate Kobe since 2001
Hate T-mac since 2003
Hate James since 2006

Penny and Vince Fan

121 - 140 of 168 Posts