Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight the reserves are announced for the east and west, and frankly, if i dont see Cassell on the west roster, the NBA has gone MAD!! If he doesnt, i say KG doesnt play in the game either, stays home with the wolves and they get pissed and ready for a second half tear. But with all the "how could be's" and "who should be", one name i have not heard all year is Spree. Why is this? anyone please help me out. His scoring is just slightly down from his 19 a game average at 18.4, he is the THIRD OPTION in minny, he plays stellar d, has tons of heart and intensity, and is on a first place team, fighting for home court thoughout the playoffs. I hear guys like Carmelo, Dirk, Randolph, who are all having stellar years, but in my mind only 3 forwards are having better seasons than spree(KG, Duncan, Peja). I dont know if spree should be a all star, but why isnt he getting mentioned at all. If Carmelo makes it over spree, that is rediculous!!! while he is having a great year for a ROOKIE, his team is fighting for a playoff spot, in 6th right now, and he is the go to guy in Denver, of course his scoring should be higher than sprees. His field goal percentage SUCKS!! If Malone, Shaq and Kobe would have been healthy all year and Phil would have been the west coach, what would have stopped him from taking all 4 of his stars? Didnt Dallas's big three all go together a few years ago? MINNY'S BIG THREE SHOULD ALL BE THERE.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I hear you about Sam. He should be a starter at PG over Francis in my opinion. I'm not sure about Spree. You do make a good case for him yet I don't see where he should go over Randolph...I'm a little bias here due to being a Blazer fan. Yet, Z-Bo is averaging 21 points and 11 boards per game. Very few players are getting that this year. Portland may not be a top notch team this year but Z-Bo is playing all-star ball. His only problem is on the defensive side. I'm not sure if that will keep him out of the all-star game or not. The other forward should be Peja and then maybe Spree.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Cassell will be on the team, don't worry about it. As for Sprewell not being mentioned much, I think it's simply because there are too many good players out west for one team to have three guys at the game. While it's not out of the question (I think the Lakers could get it), that's the best reason I can think of as to why he isn't getting mentioned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i definitly agree with you on Zach, having a monster year, but it isnt "much" better than what spree is doing. I just dont understand when i got to sites like espn and nba.com and they list the canidates for the reserves, and spree isnt on in. Personally, i dont think Zach will make it either, which he should also. Francis shouldnt be there, i dont think, it should be cassell and either nash or bibby at the pt, and YAO over SHAQ, give me a break. thats 2 years in a row thats happened, and its rediculous.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nashdaddy25</b>!
i definitly agree with you on Zach, having a monster year, but it isnt "much" better than what spree is doing. I just dont understand when i got to sites like espn and nba.com and they list the canidates for the reserves, and spree isnt on in. Personally, i dont think Zach will make it either, which he should also. Francis shouldnt be there, i dont think, it should be cassell and either nash or bibby at the pt, and YAO over SHAQ, give me a break. thats 2 years in a row thats happened, and its rediculous.
It's called "fan voting." If a player gets the votes, they deserve to be there -- all-star weekend has become a showcase for the fans, they should see who they want to see. I don't get why that concept is so tough to understand.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

It's called "fan voting." If a player gets the votes, they deserve to be there -- all-star weekend has become a showcase for the fans, they should see who they want to see. I don't get why that concept is so tough to understand.
i dont think that is the case, while it is a showcase for the fans, when people like Vince, who got voted on last year and didnt play a game before the break, get on, thats alittle out there. ya they get voted on, ya some deserve it, like vince this year, but i still dont get why YAO over SHAQ. I just feel players like randolph and cassell should get on, just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
It's not hard to understand. People have to understand it is fan voting and some deserving players will probably not go. Francis and maybe Yao probably don't deserve to be starters this year. Sam Cassell is having a great year and he is the best PG in the west without a doubt. The fan's voting is sometimes a joke and it's no different this year.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
For Yao over Shaq, I think ppl just really want to see Yao play. Is it guaranteed that Yao would be selected by the coaches to play at the all-star game? No. But ppl love him. That's why they vote for him.

Shaq fans just don't have as much urgency to vote for him since they know he's going to make the all-star game no matter what. Yao fans vote with more urgency, cuz if he's not voted in, they won't get to see their favorite player.

That's how I look at it, and that's why I voted for Yao too. I just don't want Yao to miss the all-star game because coaches don't like him or something.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yao is overrated.

And coaches apparently think so too. I'd be VERY surprised if he played more minutes at center than Shaq or Brad Miller.

Just like last year, Yao was voted in, which was a crock, but look who sat on the bench through most of the game?? :D

It sure as hell wasn't Shaq sitting there.... :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts