Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

All Star Starters Announced.. Yao beats Shaq

2K views 66 replies 42 participants last post by  TOballer 
#1 · (Edited)
Western Conference:

Eastern Conference

There ya have it.. Baron Davis deserved to start IMO but finished 5th in voting behind (Iverson, Tmac, Kidd, Bron) and Vince Carter does not deserve to lead voting again this year.. But oh well, there's nothin we can do..

See less See more
#2 ·
francis really didnt deserve it at all, but that just my opinion

#4 ·
Yao beats out Shaq...again. And for basically the same reason. Which isn't asian fans. It's Shaq's fat *** can't stay healthy and on the court. Barkley was saying it was dumb that Shaq wasn't starting, but then they turned around and said Sam Cassell should be on it off of one year--well you can't have it both ways. Shaq hasn't played well enough this year to deserve an all-star start.

Anyhow. I agree that Cassell should be starting over Francis. Francis has been garbage this year every time I've seen him. Gary Payton and Steve Nash even, have been better PGs.

#10 · (Edited)

While O’Neal received more electronic votes from fans around the world, Yao defeated O’Neal by outpacing him on paper ballots that were distributed in-arena, at movie theatres and at retail stores where balloting was available in the United States and Canada.

#13 ·
So, Houston not only has two all stars, but two all star starters. One of them is a good big man which is the key element in winning. So why isnt Houston a contender? Because Francis shouldnt be starting and the west doesnt have very good guards, PG's especially. Cassell is good though, he should be starting.

#20 ·
Originally posted by <b>scj</b>!

It's been like that for a while now..

[edit]
Wait, is Brad Miller 7ft tall?

yes, he is

#21 ·
Melo - 3rd forward
Lebron - 4th guard
Z - 2nd (forget about Zo)
Boozer - 6th (forget about Pippen)

#22 ·
The actual vote totals for all four returns of the fan voting:

http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-voting-results.shtml

Final results at the top, but all previous rounds of results located right underneath, cool to see how the voting changed (or diddn't, depending on who you look at)

#23 ·
YAO THE MING MAN!

Finally all those Yao people will have to swallow the fact the Yao got more "material" votes than Shaq, which was mentioned in this thread already.

I wonder who the reserves will be...

#24 ·
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
alot of starters dont desrve it.... Vince doesn;t deserve it... either does francis, yao, mcgrady, AI... but what can ya do
How does McGrady not deserve it? He's probably been the best guard in the NBA this season.

#25 ·
I think people need to keep in mind that this is the all-star game, not the all-NBA teams. I think that if the fans want to see a player enough that they vote him in, then he deserves to start. It's not as if every other year the top five from each conference are the starters, and this year the fans just blew it this time around.

Just my opinion, of course. It's quite apparent that a lot of people disagree.

#26 ·
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!
YAO THE MING MAN!

Finally all those Yao people will have to swallow the fact the Yao got more "material" votes than Shaq, which was mentioned in this thread already.

I wonder who the reserves will be...
which was also true last year, but this will go down as one of the least known-facts...

Stuart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.