Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West: Paul, Kobe, Durant, Griffin, Dwight
East: Rondo, Wade, LeBron, Carmelo, KG

No shocks there. Who do you have rounding out the squads?

My teams would be...
West: Westbrook, Parker, Harden, Aldridge, Lee, Randolph, Duncan
East: Irving, Williams, Jennings, George, Pierce, Bosh, Noah

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Re: All-Star Teams Announced

Well, now that Jeremy Lin only got paid like an okay-to-decent starter and didn't get voted into the All-Star Game, I'm glad we won't have to hear about all the great things that are going to happen to him because he's Asian anymore.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

Honestly Joe Johnson deserves it over Deron. Deron has started playing better for PJ, but his suckage was the main reason Avery got fired. If Varejao is healthy he deserves a spot too. I think I'd take Faried too. He probably doesn't have All Star numbers, but he's got All Star heart and that's enough for me. The guy that interests me is Jamal Crawford. Clippers already have two starters, but Crawford has played out of his mind this year.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

LMAO @ Garnett and Melo having to start together

I hope Melo pass the ball right to that *****s face every time LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts

Honestly Joe Johnson deserves it over Deron. Deron has started playing better for PJ, but his suckage was the main reason Avery got fired. If Varejao is healthy he deserves a spot too. I think I'd take Faried too. He probably doesn't have All Star numbers, but he's got All Star heart and that's enough for me. The guy that interests me is Jamal Crawford. Clippers already have two starters, but Crawford has played out of his mind this year.
Neither Joe nor Deron deserve to make it. Lopez does. And Deron's suckage wasn't the main reason Avery was fired. Avery's suckage was the main reason why Avery was fired.

Holiday, Jennings, George, Smith, Bosh, Noah, Lopez would be my East reserves.

Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Duncan, Zbo, Lee, Parker for the West.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

Neither Joe nor Deron deserve to make it. Lopez does. And Deron's suckage wasn't the main reason Avery was fired. Avery's suckage was the main reason why Avery was fired.

Holiday, Jennings, George, Smith, Bosh, Noah, Lopez would be my East reserves.

Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Duncan, Zbo, Lee, Parker for the West.
I agree, Avery got himself fired not Deron. I'd be ok with Deron making it but Lopez has had a great year and definitely is the most deserving on that team. Joe has had a very mediocre year and shouldn't even be considered.

Holiday definitely deserves it, and I think Irving over either Jennings or Smith. Irving has had a great year despite the Cavs record.

Oh and Jesus Christ KG needs to go away. I realize this is strictly fans voting for their favorites but KG shouldn't be a starter. Much more deserving players. All-star used to me an accolade for players when it comes to their legacy now it's a joke.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Call me foolish but I was expecting JR Smith to at least make the list if he didn't make the team.
Foolish. He's having a good year, but it takes at least one full season back in the public consciousness after being a pure knucklehead before you can be considered all-star material.

·
Foolish. He's having a good year, but it takes at least one full season back in the public consciousness after being a pure knucklehead before you can be considered all-star material.
Reasonable. I figured with the Knicks good start, he would get more recognition and his past issues would be forgotten to an extent.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
I can't justify putting Kyrie on the team. The Cavs are just a half game from having the worst record in the league and Kyrie has missed a handful of games.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Coaches aren't going to pick JR Smith, he's still the poster boy for everything those guys hate about NBA players.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I can't justify putting Kyrie on the team. The Cavs are just a half game from having the worst record in the league and Kyrie has missed a handful of games.
Ya I understand how bad the Cavs are but All-Star game is an individual accolade and should be independent of team success(yes I know that isn't the case but that's how I look at who should/shouldn't be in the game) and on an individual performance there just aren't many guards that are having a better season than Irving (23.3ppg, 5.6apg, 3.6rpg, 1.8spg, 46% from the field 40% from 3, 83% from the line, all on high attempts) Those numbers are pretty similar to Mr. Westbrook. Better numbers than Wade(ya I know he was voted in which is fine), and probably only Rondo and Holiday are up there with him in terms of guard play in the East.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I don't intend to argue for Kyrie, but when I look at their roster I have a hard time seeing how that team could win many games. It's just not a real NBA team, especially with Varejao out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts