• No

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Um.......Chocolate.

Votes: 9 27.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
ive thought about this in the past. at times it is unfair.
it really comes down to:

which player has been impressive through out the season, helping their team win? or....

which player is the most popular and would love to see play in the all-star game?

depends on the fan voting..

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
No. It';s actually more fair the way it is, that way the best players, regardless of position, make the All-Star team.
many cases, its the most popular players.

if pg gets their own category, sf should too.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes. everyone should get their own category.

PG
SG
SF
PF
C

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I don't like the fan voting at all. Just poll all the coaches/GM's for their starting five's and bench players.

·
Registered
113 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
I don't like the fan voting at all. Just poll all the coaches/GM's for their starting five's and bench players.
That's not the point of the All-Star weekend though. It's for the fans, so the fans should vote. I would prefer every position getting a chance as I hate when it ends up being two small forwards being voted in such as how Carter and Hill were against two Power Forwards in Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.

It doesn't matter that much anyway, because there's always bench players to fill it all out. Plus you already know who's gonna start next year.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
There's not nearly enough good PGs in this league for them to get own category..especially when compared to the quality of the SG/SF positions

If you go C, PF, SF, SG, PG...then one 2 best players are gonna be coming off the bench (either Duncan or Garnett). Nobody wants that unless they have a MVP pg who's playing terrific and wants to know he will never start an all-star game

·
Banned
480 Posts
i agree about it should be the fans doing the voting but it was incredibly embarassing when emperor ming got the start over shaq that time,even ming knew it was because like 400`000 chinamen had voted for him

·
Registered
287 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
i agree about it should be the fans doing the voting but it was incredibly embarassing when emperor ming got the start over shaq that time,even ming knew it was because like 400`000 chinamen had voted for him
:boohoo: :uhoh:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
Yeah, I am sure all those "Chinamen" came to the US to ensure that Yao won the paper ballots.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
LuckyAC said:
Yeah, I am sure all those "Chinamen" came to the US to ensure that Yao won the paper ballots.
You realize there actually ARE a lot of "Chinamen" in the US? They obviously vote for Yao. While an American typically won't vote for Shaq just because he is American.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
Then why did Yao beat Shaq in the USA as well?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts