Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malik Rose beat out Michael Finley in All-Star voting and Finley is once again snubbed. I seriously do not agree with this format. The All-Stars should be voted on by owners and coaches or something because this is just wrong. Let's compare the stats:

Malik: 7.4 PPG 4.8 RPG 1.1 APG

Finley: 18.2 PPG 3.0 APG 1.1 SPG 2.0 3PPG

I hope I amnot the only one on here that thinks this is wrong. Even the Mav haters have to agree with me on this.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Sure THIS is wrong stats-wise, but neither of the two made it, so it doesn't matter anyway.

All star voting is great, it's fine the way it is. If more people want to see Malik Rose in the all star game, sure he's not as good a player as Michael Finley, but that's who people want to see. The ASG is for the FANS.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
If more people want to see Malik Rose in the all star game, sure he's not as good a player as Michael Finley, but that's who people want to see. The ASG is for the FANS.
Well said, I agree.

Though I'm not sure how it happened in this particular instance, Malik Rose?
Hey whatever ....

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realized that Finley IS A GUARD. I was looking at forwards. Finley is in it. My Bad. But it is still strange to say Malik is in it. And those stats are correct. I am a jackass:D. I really oughtta pay more attention to what I read:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zach</b>!
I just realized that Finley IS A GUARD. I was looking at forwards. Finley is in it. My Bad. But it is still strange to say Malik is in it. And those stats are correct. I am a jackass:D. I really oughtta pay more attention to what I read:rolleyes:

dont be so hard on yourself, i was down in your neck of the woods many years ago at ft benning and ft gordon. all star voting is a joke, its rediculous that you can basically vote as many times as you want for the same guy. it really becomes a popularity contest. guys like kobe bryant because of the year he's had, and steve francis likewise, shouldnt even be on the team. as for the fans wanting to see these guys thats why they're there, i say who cares, they dont know what their talking about.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally don't think Vince should be an All-Star. He won the dunk contest a couple years back and now he gets all the votes. He has honestly not done much, other than a couple good games he is average. But everyone likes his dunks so they vote him in.

OT: I prefer Ft. Gordon

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
I personally don't think Vince should be an All-Star. He won the dunk contest a couple years back and now he gets all the votes. He has honestly not done much, other than a couple good games he is average. But everyone likes his dunks so they vote him in.

OT: I prefer Ft. Gordon
Are you kidding?

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!

Are you kidding?
No. It might just be I am not a big Vince fan. He just doesn't stand out to me ANYMORE. Put it this way I can see him in the All-Star game BUT not as the leading vote getter. that sums it up for me.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
The ASG is for the FANS.
That is true but let's look at the meaning of the ASG.

All-Star - Shouldn't this be the 'stars' or best players in the league? This game is supposed to reward players in a way that have performed better than other players right?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oye, I think the real horrible thing here is your spelling Zach...

:grinning: horroble?

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
All-Star voting is horroble
No it's not, your spelling is.

The All-Star voting is not bad at all, it's the way it should be. Malik Rose doesn't deserve to be an All-Star, neither does Michael Finley, so who cares? Finley's not a snub at all this year, he simply doesn't deserve to be an All-Star, and certainly not an All-Star starter, which is all that's been determined thus far. Like Budweiser Boy said, the game is for the fans, they should determine who starts the game.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>the wall</b>!
Oye, I think the real horrible thing here is your spelling Zach...

:grinning: horroble?
Yeah I notised that.:grinning: I mean noticed.

Why shouldn't Finley be an All-Star rukahS?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts

That is true but let's look at the meaning of the ASG.

All-Star - Shouldn't this be the 'stars' or best players in the league? This game is supposed to reward players in a way that have performed better than other players right?
wake up zach, its the "All Star Game" since when does half a season make you a STAR???? This isnt called halfway season stars game, if thats what its called then sam should be there BUT IT AINT!!!! VInce Carter is in cuz he's a STAR whether you like it or not. YOu think the average fan wants to see vince fly in the air or ron artest make a few stops on D?

Your contradicting yourself too. First you stated this game is supposed to reward players that perform better than other, and that this game should have the best players in the league. WEll Sam Cassel has outperformed lets say gary payton they year, but HE's not a bigger star or a better player than payton is, yet i'm sure in your perfect world you'd like cassell to start

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>knickstorm</b>!

WEll Sam Cassel has outperformed lets say gary payton they year, but HE's not a bigger star or a better player than payton is, yet i'm sure in your perfect world you'd like cassell to start
Well Cassel should be starting anyway.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts

Yeah I notised that.:grinning: I mean noticed.

Why shouldn't Finley be an All-Star rukahS?
Very Easy. There are 5 or 6 guards on the squad. Guards that deserve it over him: Sam Cassell, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, Quentin Richardson, Steve Nash, Latrell Sprewell, Jason Richardson and Steve Francis. I know that some of those are arguable, but how are you gonna say that he deserves to make it with the likes of those guys in the West? Keep in mind, only 5, maybe 6, make the team.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

Very Easy. There are 5 or 6 guards on the squad. Guards that deserve it over him: Sam Cassell, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, Quentin Richardson, Steve Nash, Latrell Sprewell, Jason Richardson and Steve Francis. I know that some of those are arguable, but how are you gonna say that he deserves to make it with the likes of those guys in the West? Keep in mind, only 5, maybe 6, make the team.
I see your point. I wouldn't take Q-Rich over him though.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts

All-Star - Shouldn't this be the 'stars' or best players in the league?
No, in this case, "star" is defined as players fans want to see, which is a perfectly valid definition. Popularity is a major part of being a star.

This game is supposed to reward players in a way that have performed better than other players right?
Maybe the coach's selections are rewards. But this game, in my opinion, is not for the players. It's for the fans. So fans shouldn't be looking to "reward" players or caring who's put up the best half-season of stats.

All they should care about is who they want to watch dribble, shoot, pass and dunk. Fans aren't building a team to play long-term...just who would be fun to watch in one offensive exhibition game.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

No, in this case, "star" is defined as players fans want to see, which is a perfectly valid definition. Popularity is a major part of being a star.

Maybe the coach's selections are rewards. But this game, in my opinion, is not for the players. It's for the fans. So fans shouldn't be looking to "reward" players or caring who's put up the best half-season of stats.

All they should care about is who they want to watch dribble, shoot, pass and dunk. Fans aren't building a team to play long-term...just who would be fun to watch in one offensive exhibition game.
*Wonders how many times he's posted this*. :D.

I love reading it every single time.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!

*Wonders how many times he's posted this*. :D.
Keeps coming up. ;)

I love reading it every single time.
Thanks, I'll be here til Thursday! Also look for it on my Greatest Hits CD. ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Malik Rose beat out Michael Finley in All-Star voting and Finley is once again snubbed. I seriously do not agree with this format. The All-Stars should be voted on by owners and coaches or something because this is just wrong. Let's compare the stats:

Malik: 7.4 PPG 4.8 RPG 1.1 APG

Finley: 18.2 PPG 3.0 APG 1.1 SPG 2.0 3PPG

I hope I amnot the only one on here that thinks this is wrong. Even the Mav haters have to agree with me on this.

thats true but he also beat out brand. now we all know hes not gonna make the squad but come on malik rose:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts