Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is Corliss on the list but not Tayshaun??

Why is Ben listed as a Center?
He hasn't started a game @ center this year.

If Ben was listed as a forward would Memo be an all-star???
Voting as of today:
Ben: 1,465,308
Zo: 327,962
Z: 284,493
Curry: 132,076
A. Davis: 109,490
If you take Ben's votes away Memo could beat Big Z, Couldn't he?
If not could he make it as a reserve?

Are there really no centers in the East??
Curry is not very good, Zo is not playing, Z is OK, Antonio Davis is not a center.
WOW.
Someone is going to offer Memo crazy a$$ money next year.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I don't think Memo would make it if Ben was listed as a forward, he doesn't have the best stats and he's not enough of a household name to make it. He wouldn't get voted in as a reserve either as there are better candidates than him out there and the coaches choose the reserves.

As for Ben they need some type of "star power", so he's the most logical choice to be placed at center. When people look at the centers on the Eastern ballot Ben Wallace is the name that jumps out the most, in turn making him one of the leading vote getters in the entire NBA.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah, Ben isn't really a center but he played the position 24 minutes in last year's game and did okay so I don't know why he couldn't do it once more. I'm not really sure who decided that Corliss should be the only forward the Pistons have on the ballot, but I think that was dumb. I'd rather see Memo or Tayshaun listed though I doubt either one could get voted in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Memo put up some sweet numbers last night.... now if he could only average these :)

27 Points (13/14 Free Throws) and 14 Boards (7 Offensive)

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Memo wouldn´t be selected, he won´t be until he becomes more well-known. But he is well on his way, he could be a great player at some point...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts