Tracy McGrady (Orl.), 939,547
LINK

Yao is almost caught up to Shaq!

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
the fact that tim duncan is sixth is the main reason fans shouldnt be voting for the all star team.
I think Duncan being in sixth despite the complete lack of a "cool" factor, commercials, interesting interviews, and so on is not that bad.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Duncan being in 6th is more a result of how competitive the forward position is out west. KG is barely ahead of him.

I don't think him being boring or anything or fans being dumb has much to do with it.

One thing you have to look at when looking at the votes is look at who they are going against.

That's why I don't put any emphasis on total votes. It's more important to look at the voting breakdown by position.

The fact that Iverson has almost the same amount of votes as Kobe in spite of running against Kidd, Lebron, and T-Mac is more significant than the fact that Ben Wallace is leading all votes running against....Zydrunas Illgauskas.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Duncan being in 6th is more a result of how competitive the forward position is out west. KG is barely ahead of him.

I don't think him being boring or anything or fans being dumb has much to do with it.

One thing you have to look at when looking at the votes is look at who they are going against.

That's why I don't put any emphasis on total votes. It's more important to look at the voting breakdown by position.

The fact that Iverson has almost the same amount of votes as Kobe in spite of running against Kidd, Lebron, and T-Mac is more significant than the fact that Ben Wallace is leading all votes running against....Zydrunas Illgauskas.

good points, i just think the best player in the game should have the most votes(garnett fans weigh in), even if you voted for k.g. at forward then you still have to pick two. good repsonse though.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Wow!! The thing that surprised me the most is that Toni Kukoc has more votes than Redd and The Cowboy. I thought Redd would have a lot more votes.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I think it should be said that the Raptors fans truly stuff the ballot to get Vince in the game and will continue to do so for the rest of his career in the T.dot.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
The starting lineups need to be changed from a G-G-F-F-C format to a PG-SG-SF-PF-C format. That way an actual team will be formed and Kidd wont get stiffed by the fans year after year.:upset:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't vote for YAO, I'd rather see him in the Rookie game.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>H-Town</b>!
Don't vote for YAO, I'd rather see him in the Rookie game.
:laugh: Why's that? Odds are the coaches will pick him for the backup center even if he doesn't start. The only chance he has of getting in the game is if Shaq wins the vote, Brad Miller gets voted the main backup, and Yao doesn't get one of the two "any position" spots.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
If Yao doesn't win, he will be in the rookie game. It looks pretty likely that he's going to catch up to Shaq, but IMO no way does he deserve a reserve bid above B. Miller. As good as Yao has been, Brad has been nothing short of stellar this year. If it was up to me, he'd be the starter.. say what you want about Peja's 25ppg, but Miller is making the King's offense go. With Webber out I don't know if anyone thought they'd be averaging MORE ppg as a team than they were last year. Crazy..

I could see Adelman being a classy guy if the King's have the best record in the West and putting only one of his players in (Peja), and fulfilling more fans' desire and putting Yao in, but if the role is being based on merit it has to be Brad. Or was Adelman the West's coach last year? My memory isn't too good when it comes to these things..

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

:laugh: Why's that? Odds are the coaches will pick him for the backup center even if he doesn't start. The only chance he has of getting in the game is if Shaq wins the vote, Brad Miller gets voted the main backup, and Yao doesn't get one of the two "any position" spots.
He'll end up playing 10 minutes in which no one passes the ball to him, and will watch the game from the bench as Shaq/KG/Duncan will have the post to themselves.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I too would pick Brad without a doubt, either as the backup center or in one of the free slots. He has been fantastic all year, and has definitely gone above what a majority of people thought they'd be getting from him.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
My condolences in advance to whichever coach gets the unenviable task of picking the West's reserve forwards/big men.. I know I wouldn't want to do it, anyways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts