Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Class of 2003 vs. Classes of 2000-2002

• Lebron and Co. would waste them.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • There MUST enough talent to take down these upstarts!

Votes: 13 54.2%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Chris Kaman

vs.

Gilbert Arenas
Jason Richardson
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin (Zach Randolph? Amare?)
Yao Ming

I think the 2003 squad would destroy them. Utterly. Yao isn't good enough to have a huge advantage of Kaman, although it is the most significant advantage.

If they played today, I think 2003 would edge them out. If they played a year from now, I think 2003 would completely destroy them.

What about the bench? Ok, let's play with 5 man bench.

Kirk Hinrich
Keith Bogans
Jarvis Hayes
David West
Zarko (we've kind of run out of centers, but Zarko could play it)

vs.

Tony Parker
Jamal Crawford (Q Rich?)
Vlad Rad
Zach Randolph/Amare
Eddy Curry

Okay, the bench squad may lose, but of course they'd have more depth. And actually, there might be somewhat of a competition.

Anyway. It's ridiculous. This draft class was amazing. What do you think? 2003? or best of 2000-2002?

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i think 2000-2002 would win strictly because of their size.....03 will have trouble with Yao, Martin, Curry, Amare, Randolph....guards in favor of 03 big time though

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!

Zach Randolph/Amare
Eddy Curry
Who would start Martin over Amare or Curry over Amare if they want to win?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I really don't know how you made the conclusion that 2003 class would win over 2000-2002 right now. I see the rookies will get destroyed at this moment. It's now even close to me.
Just to remind you, Lebron is not the main reason for Cav's success recently. The main reason is Boozer, and you left him off the list completely.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Ming and Randolph would be tough to contain. But in the future I think Bosh will probably be as good or better than any of the big guys in the previous drafts. The previous drafts would still have way more depth though at the post positions with Martin, Curry, Amare, Chandler, Kwame, etc.

Although Carmelo and Lebron may be good enough alone to overcome that.

Certainly compareable which is a tribute to how good this class is so far.

·
Registered
425 Posts
There are a lot quality players from 2000-2002 that you haven't mentioned, like AK47, Manu, Redd,Boozer,Chandler etc.

Honestly, I don't see 2003 class will ever be better than 2000-2002 combined.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shoprite</b>!
There are a lot quality players from 2000-2002 that you haven't mentioned, like AK47, Manu, Redd etc.

Honestly, I don't see 2003 class will ever be better than 2000-2002 combined.
True, mainly because the inside players. Bosh is really the only potential superstar of 03, and theres a ton of good post guys in 00-02.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Class of 2003 needs a starting point guard.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
Class of 2003 needs a starting point guard.
nah...lebron and Wade would take care of the pg duties fine...and hinrich was mentioned, but on the bench....do u think hinrich should be over lebron or wade????

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Lebron and Melo won't even be enough to overcome the 2002 draftclass if they play smart and give Yao and Amare the ball.

You can book that.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Lebron and Melo won't even be enough to overcome the 2002 draftclass if they play smart and give Yao and Amare the ball.

You can book that.
But LeBron, Melo and Wade are enough to overcome them. :yes:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I don't even think the class of 2003 will beat the class of 2002 in the rook-soph game, so I'm going to have to definately say 2000-2002 could easily beat them.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
I don't even think the class of 2003 will beat the class of 2002 in the rook-soph game, so I'm going to have to definately say 2000-2002 could easily beat them.
Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James are disappointed about not making the all-star team. THEY WILL NOT LOSE. :cool:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think the 2003 draft class is going to win the rookie game by over 30 points.

You're talking about putting Melo, Lebron, and Wade on a team against, aside from Amare, boys. And Melo and Lebron are angry coming in and want to prove a point. It's gonna be fun to watch. But also really ugly for the sophmores, unless Amare brings his game to the proceedings.

As far as vs. the three previous draft classes, the previous draft classes have tremendous depth up front. Boozer needs to be in there. I would say of late he's been better than Martin even. On some nights he's been as good or a little better than Lebron on the Cavs. And that's no slam on Lebron. It's just that Boozer is wrecking shop these days.

And also of note, last time they played Jamal Crawford gave Lebron a ton of problems.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Who is going to contain Yao and Amare? Nobody! If the sophs play smart they will blow out the rookies.
Yao and Amare is pretty much the perfect F/C combination anyway.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

True, mainly because the inside players. Bosh is really the only potential superstar of 03, and theres a ton of good post guys in 00-02.
That's not true. Darko Milicic is a potential superstar. Potentially a much greater superstar than Bosh. Not in time for this game, but if we're talking about historical significance of this draft, it can't be known until Milicic has shown whether he busts or becomes the superstar that pretty much every scout believes he will be.

It's incredible that without Milicic getting any playing time yet, 2003 is still so impressive. Milicic becoming a dominant center would only be the crowning touch.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Chris Kaman

vs.

Gilbert Arenas
Jason Richardson
Richard Jefferson
Yao Ming

I think the 2003 squad would destroy them. Utterly. Yao isn't good enough to have a huge advantage of Kaman, although it is the most significant advantage.

If they played today, I think 2003 would edge them out. If they played a year from now, I think 2003 would completely destroy them.

What about the bench? Ok, let's play with 5 man bench.

Kirk Hinrich
Keith Bogans
Jarvis Hayes
David West
Zarko (we've kind of run out of centers, but Zarko could play it)

vs.

Tony Parker
Jamal Crawford (Q Rich?)
Vlad Rad
Zach Randolph/Amare
Eddy Curry

Okay, the bench squad may lose, but of course they'd have more depth. And actually, there might be somewhat of a competition.

Anyway. It's ridiculous. This draft class was amazing. What do you think? 2003? or best of 2000-2002?
where is AK 47 on this list he was drafted same year as jason richardson.

·
Registered
425 Posts
In fact, 2003 Rookie class can't even beat international player team from 2000-2002 classes this year:

Parker
Manu
AK47
Gasol
Yao

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shoprite</b>!
In fact, 2003 Rookie class can't even beat international player team from 2000-2002 classes this year:

Parker
Manu
AK47
Gasol
Yao
WHAT?!?!:laugh:

Parker vs. Wade
Manu vs. Bron
AK-47 vs. Melo
Gasol vs. Bosh
Yao vs. Kaman

The rooks would WRECK them!!!