PF-Gasol/Sabonis/Magloire
SF-Dirk/Kirilenko/Nickoloz Tskitishvilli
SG-Peja/Turkoglu/Emanuel Ginobili
PG-Nash/Parker/Marko Jaric

IR:
Jaric
Tskitishvilli
Magloire

What do you think? It looks to me like the Non-US players have a ways to go.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Obviously they still have a long ways to go but they are definitly making huge progress. If you made this post 10 years ago I bet you couldn't even come up w/ a euro at each position. They are making progress but basketball is still ruled by america (which is funny because it's the third most popular sport here).

·
Registered
212 Posts
AI is a top 10 player, top 3 SG... Finley isnt. Scratch Finley...

USA would still win.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Non-US still have a ways to go, but they are getting much closer.

Our almost-Dream Team this year is proving that. The foreign team's best players are able to compete for awhile, but the US depth is what is killing teams.

If Nowitski gets off or Ming sits down, they start losing big. US has All-Stars backing up All-Stars.

The German coach before said US team wouldnt be beat for 50 years, but I don't think that is true anymore. I'd say the foreign teams only need a decade or so before they are able to put teams together that are nearly equal to US teams.

·
Registered
225 Posts
(which is funny because it's the third most popular sport here)
Rather, it's to be expected. The US has 250 million people and a strong economy. Lots of people with lots of leisure time..

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>tha reason030</b>!

USA would still win.
I forgot to put VC in there-he goes in place of Finley.

·
Registered
322 Posts

USA would still win.

We don't want AI representing the US. Maybe Algeria will have a spot on the bench for him.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by <b>harper time</b>!

We don't want AI representing the US. Maybe Algeria will have a spot on the bench for him.
Like I said, put hatred pass u. AI is the 3rd best SG. Juss bcuz U dont like thugs and how he acts doesnt differ from him being a good bball player or not.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The world's best forieners still could not beat US's best! US would crush anybody. :yes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The US Team would just DEMOLISH!!! the foreign squad, the US line-up just speaks for itself :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
'Kandi has not PROVEN me just yet. As of now, I would still have David Robinson as the third center even though this is his last season. He still can play. I would have Raef over 'Kandi. No this is not bias. I just think Raef has been more proven.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Give Duncan to the foreign team. Have a heart!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
foreign team starting lineup should look like this:

PG - Nash
SG - Stojakovic
SF - Nowitski
PF - Gasol
C - Mutumbo

they would still be beaten, cause they are lacking at SG/PF/C in comparison and their bench is sheit.

but this line up would do more damage.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!

I forgot to put VC in there-he goes in place of Finley.
AI is better than Vince...

I believe it was the 76ers that beat Toronto 2000-2001 ECS... but I may be wrong. :rolleyes:

Maybe Next year Vince can be better than AI, but as it stands rite now, Vince isn't better than AI. Juss admitt ur wrong and put AI on the list...

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Duncan is a US citizen and played for the US, just like Hakeem and Patrick.

I'm not sure if they have dual citzenship or if they are exclusive US citizens now.

·
Registered
932 Posts

AI is better than Vince...

I believe it was the 76ers that beat Toronto 2000-2001 ECS... but I may be wrong. :rolleyes:

Maybe Next year Vince can be better than AI, but as it stands rite now, Vince isn't better than AI. Juss admitt ur wrong and put AI on the list...
Well to be fair both those players had a very good series, not just AI. and as I remember vince missed the last shot of game 7 that could gone either way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts