Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Well, I don't think there would be much of a fight, I think the US team would crash the other team worse then how the Lakers destroried the Nets.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally posted by <b>tha reason030</b>!

I believe it was the 76ers that beat Toronto 2000-2001 ECS... but I may be wrong. :rolleyes:
Big deal-The Lakers beat the Kings in the playoffs-but does that mean Mark Madsen is better than Webber...I think not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
UR an **no name calling please**, that has to be the **edited** I have ever heard. Is Mark Madsen even an all star?

Both AI n VC are all stars and comparable. Iverson had better games overral than Vince. Liek I said, put ur hatred behind u, and look at a good player. If AI didnt have cornrows, tattoos, and never ran into the law I bet u wud think of him differently...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't like AI, but it's not cause of what you said, I don't like him cause he is a ball hog, he misses alot more shots then anyone in the league, but 76ers for a long time have played solid defense right? And I think their solid defense balances his bad shot percentage, which then makes his point average and total a big deal, and gives him alot of credits for their wins.

Plus he always kills the Nets...

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
And in Sega's NBA games, the guy is like invicible... damn I hate him, he would score like 50 points against me all the time.

-Petey

·
Registered
223 Posts
Center for the foreign team should be Sabonis...and you have to put in the line-up Dejan Bodiroga who is the best european player plying on our continent...He is not better than Dirk but certainly as good as Peja and superior to Hedo

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
With 12 men rosters plus 3 on the IR-

USA

C-Shaq/Alonzo/Olowakandi
PF-Duncan/Webber/Brand
SF-KG/Pierce/Marion
SG-Kobe/T-Mac/Vince
PG-Kidd/Payton/Baron Davis

IR:
Olowakandi
Marion
Davis

Foreign Team

C-Divac/Mutumbo/Ming
PF-Gasol/Sabonis/Magloire
SF-Dirk/Kirilenko/Nickoloz Tskitishvilli
SG-Peja/Turkoglu/Emanuel Ginobili
PG-Nash/Parker/Marko Jaric

IR:
Jaric
Tskitishvilli
Magloire

What do you think? It looks to me like the Non-US players have a ways to go.
I made some changes to the lineups; moved Dirk to SF and started Gasol, as well as adding Sabonis at PF and dropping Welsch. But still when you break it down...

C-Shaq/Alonzo/Olowakandi VS. Divac/Mutumbo/Ming
ADVANTAGE: USA-not really close when you throw Shaq in there..

PF--Duncan/Webber/Brand VS. Gasol/Sabonis/Magloire
ADVANTAGE: USA-same as above-not close...unless you put Duncan on the Foreign team, but it just seems like he should be on the American team.

SF-KG/Pierce/Marion VS. SF-Dirk/Kirilenko/Nickoloz Tskitishvilli
ADVANTAGE: USA-KG versus Dirk would be interesting, but USA dominates the other matchups.

SG-Kobe/T-Mac/Vince VS. Peja/Turkoglu/Emanuel Ginobili
ADVANTAGE: USA-Look out ESPN!- There would be some major posterizing going on here..in favor of the US

PG-Kidd/Payton/Baron Davis VS. PG-Nash/Parker/Marko Jaric
ADVANTAGE: USA-another lopsided matchup.

My Prediction: USA would cruise (sweep) in a 7 game series or in 5,3,1 games.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
That would be one hell of a series. I honestly don't think the US would sweep a series. The US team is far superior in individual talent, but I would bet the foreign team would play much better together and much better as a team.

I think if you play a 7 game series, the foreign team might be able to win a game or two.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts