Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOUSTON STILL HOPES TO RETURN

Houston, once emphatic he'd return, was now not quite as sure. Indeed, with five weeks left to the season, Houston is running out of time. However, he said he's willing to return, even if it means playing only the final week.
"I feel between now and the end of the season I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "I just have a feel I will because it's getting better."
Houston optimistic his return is coming

"I feel that between now and the end of the season, I'll be ready to play," Houston said. "That's all I can tell you. The way it feels and the way it's gone, that's just all I can tell you. Without driving myself crazy with too many details, I just have a feeling that I will because it's getting better and the way I feel it's moving during my exercises."

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I can't see any benefit to Houston playing this season...

·
Player
7,852 Posts
he's ready to play, but will he be effective. we all know he loves the dough, so might as well keep staging comebacks for 2 games a season so they can't medically waive your contract. at least that's how i'd be thinking if my knees were shot like his are.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I think it would be a lot better for him and the Knicks organization if he doesn't play anymore this season, and just works hard in the off-season to come back healthy next year.

The same could be said for Penny.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
I think it would be a lot better for him and the Knicks organization if he doesn't play anymore this season, and just works hard in the off-season to come back healthy next year.

The same could be said for Penny.
I can see the benefits of a healthy Houston next season, but do we really want to be encouraging Penny to play considering that he would just take away minutes from Ariza and Crawford?

I have been heavy with the Penny-bashing the last couple days, so I'll try and trim it down a little. He is a symbol of what is wrong with the team, but there is more than enough blame to go around...

Reactions: Turkish Delight
1 - 5 of 5 Posts