Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, i think as promising as this blazer team is...people have forgot about them with all the blockbusters flying around this year. Shaq, Artest, Sheed, Hedo, Matrix...i think the only way to shake things up would to bring allen iverson in...seriously. one year deal, you're guranteed to make the playoffs anyway with brandon roy and lamarcus aldridge on the roster. i didn't think hedo was a good fit here anyway. why not add another eletric player to the back court to take some eyes off roy for a bit.
worst thing happens you make the playoffs and lose, but then again i dont think anyone expects portland to win this year anyway. so i say gamble.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts
Why would AI go there? His whole thing is he wants be a starter, and he aint taking Roy's spot and I doubt Nate would start him @ PG... He's not a Nate type of guy... This would be a disaster.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts
he would fit in as the starter. "OH NO WE CAN'T FIT IN AI BECAUSE WE GOT STEVE BLAKE" that's silly logic.
Lol, so you think Nate McMillian would start Allen Iverson on this team? The last thing I think he would want is someone thinking he's the man on the team and taking shots away from Roy. Portland needs a PG that can run the offense, play great D, and knock down the open jumpers and 3's. They dont need a ball dominant guy who's improvising and looking for his own shot, while playing no defense.

AI can rack up assists, but I think it's been proven that teams are more effective when AI plays @ the 2. He just doesnt seem like the type of player Portland has been going after lately either. They're trying to get rid of that JailBlazer image, and AI is a pretty high risk guy.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Lol, so you think Nate McMillian would start Allen Iverson on this team? The last thing I think he would want is someone thinking he's the man on the team and taking shots away from Roy. Portland needs a PG that can run the offense, play great D, and knock down the open jumpers and 3's. They dont need a ball dominant guy who's improvising and looking for his own shot, while playing no defense.

AI can rack up assists, but I think it's been proven that teams are more effective when AI plays @ the 2. He just doesnt seem like the type of player Portland has been going after lately either. They're trying to get rid of that JailBlazer image, and AI is a pretty high risk guy.
I dont know what Nate McMillan would do. But if you have Allen Iverson and Steve Blake you start Allen Iverson and I think the majority of the nba is stupid to not go and grab a player of Allen Iversons calibre because he's still one of the better players in this league. The only player on the blazers who might be better is Brandon Roy. Might be better. If they want somebody to take the pressure off of Brandon Roy so bad, then here they go. If you factor in the risk-reward, i think the reward is greater than the risk. The Blazers aren't going to fall off if they get Iverson, and it might improve their team quite a bit. This would probably be the best all around team the guy has ever been on. Iverson and Roy are both kind of point 2 guards, they may play very well together. Plus there's alot of people in Portland who would love to have Iverson come here. Like my people from Killingsworth, so bring in AI because he's better and cheaper than garbage *** turkoglu or millsap.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
he would fit in as the starter. "OH NO WE CAN'T FIT IN AI BECAUSE WE GOT STEVE BLAKE" that's silly logic.
Blazers need a pass first point guard. Obviously AI does not fall into this category. Steve Blake does however. Yes you would probably start AI if you already had him, but they don't have him and they don't need him.

AI is going to want the ball, but it is going to be a little tough for him to get what he thinks is an adequate amount of shots when there is already plenty of scoring options on this team.

By the way, I said Blake and Bayless. Where is Bayless getting minutes if they sign AI?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Blazers need a pass first point guard. Obviously AI does not fall into this category. Steve Blake does however. Yes you would probably start AI if you already had him, but they don't have him and they don't need him.

AI is going to want the ball, but it is going to be a little tough for him to get what he thinks is an adequate amount of shots when there is already plenty of scoring options on this team.

By the way, I said Blake and Bayless. Where is Bayless getting minutes if they sign AI?
Where will Bayless get minutes if we go out and sign a pass first point guard? And, Why do we need a pass first point guard if there already is one who goes by the name of Steve Blake?

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Why do we need a pass first point guard if there already is one who goes by the name of Steve Blake?
Blazers need a pass first point guard. Obviously AI does not fall into this category. Steve Blake does however.
Hmmmm...yeah.

I never said they need to sign a PG. All I simply stated that they needed a pass first point guard, which they get in Blake, not AI.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
I don't think AI would be a good fit either, but with the Miller signing we'll never know unless there is a sign and trade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts