Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to David Aldridge on ESPN tonight, Paul Allen wants to keep Rasheed.

He said Allen is out of the country right now. When he comes back next week he will be meeting with Patterson and Nash and deciding what they will do.

I know this could be some sort of plot to try and draw better offers but for me, right now, it is music to my ears! :D

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
According to David Aldridge on ESPN tonight, Paul Allen wants to keep Rasheed.

He said Allen is out of the country right now. When he comes back next week he will be meeting with Patterson and Nash and deciding what they will do.

I know this could be some sort of plot to try and draw better offers but for me, right now, it is music to my ears! :D
I would hope if they keep Rasheed (either for the rest of the season, or for "good") they do it under some guidlines..

like, let's get to know Rasheed a little better, and hopefully he can quit coming off as a cumudgren..coum...c...******* sometimes to the media.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Re: Re: Allen wants to KEEP RASHEED

Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

like, let's get to know Rasheed a little better, and hopefully he can quit coming off as a cumudgren..coum...c...******* sometimes to the media.
Curmudgeon.

But I don't care if he's a curmudgeon. ;) I want to know if he can play center full-time.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
not to down play this.. but was this not brought up last week or so???

NY Post article mentions some of it

Blazers owner Paul Allen, who has been vacationing on a remote island, e-mailed the team's front office a few days ago to ask if any of the rumors were true. The billionaire magnate received the e-mail answer: "There's nothing New York can offer us."

After a couple of Thomas' proposals were shot down, the Knick president asked Portland to devise a counter-offer, but the Blazers couldn't.

we were talking in a thread about Mr Allen not being able to contact the execs..and we found it hard to believe he does not have a satellite phone that goes any where in the world? and also comments about him wanting to keep Sheed?

I think this is more of ESPN rehashing some stories from a bit ago.. thinking its breaking news...

I am sure this was brought up last week or so..

but unless, the offers get substantially better than what has been rumored.. we do need to keep him. He is doing quite well at C IMHO

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
Yes, it was. There was a quote someplace on it.

I just heard Aldridge talking about it on air....and of course...it's what I want to hear so I thought I'd say something....

You know...speak it and make it so! :grinning:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
for some odd reason Feb 3rd seems to have meaning in my mind...

Person's 60 days are up...

will he be part of a trade? Davis? Q? :whoknows:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Aldridge is unreliable

David Aldridge is not exactly a definite source. Right before we traded for Stoudamire Aldridge said that the Raptors had made a deal with another team. If it is true however, Sheed better keep playing hard like he has been, because there's nothing more frustrating than watching him sleep walk through a game.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>BlazerFanFoLife</b>!
Aldridge also said that when Allen is back in town thaqt they are having a meeting where they will deside 100% what they are doing with sheed... Aldridge made it sound like if the Blazers dont trade Sheed they will let him walk??? Was it just me or u to BFan???
well-to me he was just saying that they plan to meet and decide...
this "meeting" will be before the deadline. For Sheed fans the good news is that he is playing very well and the team is winning. Sheed staying out of trouble is good as well.

I hope that they come to the conclusion that has been discussed on this board-let it be for now and then decide later-re-sign him for less or yes, let him walk. Unless he is traded for someone(s) more than has been mentioned here-
well
I think it is best to keep him.

I guess they don't have to decide 100% what they will do at this point other than keep him for the rest of the season or trade him for whatever is on the table.

Boy do I wish I could be a fly on the wall at that meeting!

and yeah-I know Aldrsige is not very reliable-but it's something to at least talk about. :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

NY Post article mentions some of it

we were talking in a thread about Mr Allen not being able to contact the execs..and we found it hard to believe he does not have a satellite phone that goes any where in the world? and also comments about him wanting to keep Sheed?

I think this is more of ESPN rehashing some stories from a bit ago.. thinking its breaking news...

I am sure this was brought up last week or so..

but unless, the offers get substantially better than what has been rumored.. we do need to keep him. He is doing quite well at C IMHO
Trust me - Paul Allen has satellite phones. Paul's favorite way to communicate is via e-mail. Whoever reported this must have misunderstood.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

Trust me - Paul Allen has satellite phones. Paul's favorite way to communicate is via e-mail. Whoever reported this must have misunderstood.
say...what IS Paul Allens email address again?;)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The one thing I'll say about David Aldridge, is that he does seem to do original reporting. Meaning, he contacts the teams themselves, uses his own sources, and doesn't rely on (or at least qualifies) second-hand information from other reporters, etc.

I think it's almost impossible for a reporter to anticipate a trade before it happens because front offices so often leak information just to show they're trying, to test the response of hometown fans, or to try to start other interest. The fact that Alridge missed the boat on the Stoudamire trade is not a huge shock. He comes off as a little more conservative and little less arrogant than Vecsey - in my experience, that probably makes him more reliable.

Even so, I would find it hard to believe that Paul Allen would forbid any Wallace trade, and that he was dead-set on letting him walk. I bet the meeting coming up (and how Sheed plays between now and then) will have a lot to do with his future. I'm hoping the Blazers re-sign him and instead find a taker for his diminuitive buddy, Damon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts